Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudhir Mehta   15 July 2009 at 16:58

Suit filed in California court

My client exported dehydrated powder of onion and garlic from India to California. The importer at California is a Trader. He sold the goods to another manufacturer. The manufacturer used this material in its final products. He then found that material used by him was conemplated having other material such as hair, pin, etc., He destroyed the whole products and claimed with Insurance company there.

Thereafter Insurance company has filed a suit against Indian exporter at California court for compensation.

Query - Whether Insurance company, who has no connection with Indian exporter can file a suit?

How it can be defended ?

K. Sundar Rajan   15 July 2009 at 16:10

Definition of Education u/s2(15)

According to Supreme Court decision in respect of Lokshikshana case, "Education" means only what is taught in Schools and colleges and does not include any other form of education which helps an individual to manage his life better; which inculcate certain values for leading a stress free life and also which helps an individual to develop skills for inter personal relationship; communication etc and also Meditation and Yoga.

My query is whether such value based education which helps a personal to transform himself / herself is also "Education" and hence covered by Sec.2(15).

Can you please elucidate.

Member (Account Deleted)   15 July 2009 at 14:57

SEZ Service Tax Issues


We have a seminar on SEZ Service tax issues. W would b thankful if u can provide any kind of useful material on the subject.

TRIBHUVAN PUROHIT   15 July 2009 at 14:08

Registering Association of persons

Dear Readers,
Please let me know the procedure of registering an assoication of persons working as arbitrators for various merchants.

Also please let me know about the procedure of registration.

Awaiting reply

Thanking you
Tribhuvan Purohit

Member (Account Deleted)   15 July 2009 at 12:24

New Pension Scheme v/s Employees'Provident Fund


Chandan Garg   15 July 2009 at 11:35

Right to information

We are having a private engineering college... are we bound to disclose information under RTI if some one asks us??

Ruchesh Sinha   15 July 2009 at 10:18

Section 245 (2) of the Criminal Procedure Code

If the application U/s 245 (2)of CRPC for quashing of charge is dimissed by the Magistrate, does any appeal can be made against it under CRPC.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE   15 July 2009 at 09:51

Need Judgement

Dear Members,
One of my client has filed a revision petition against the interim order u/s 125 Cr.p.c. The Hon'ble Court pleased to pass the order of as interim maintenance for Rs. 2,000/-per month in favour of the petitioner whereas the respondent/ revisionist is earning Rs. 5544/- p.m. out of which he is paying Rs. 2,000/- as rent for residence accommodation. Now the Judge is not ready to decrease that amount. As per his version wife is entitiled for 1/3 share of the husband as maintenance. There is no kid of the parties. My client/ revisionist is from Surat & the wife is residing at Delhi. Moreover, wife is living in adultry & herself left the matrimonial home. We have written diary by the wife where she clearly mentioned that shhe wanted to take divorce from her husband so that she can do marry with her ex-boy friend. She is also patient of Shyziphrenia since before her marriage & she concealed that fact from husband. Now plz tell me what m to do so that the interim maintenance could be decreased or waived off. Can the court pass an order of interim maintenance out of Rs. 3544/- after deducting the rent amount of the total income. Plz. do suggest me. Is there any judgement in favour of husband. Plz. its urgent.Thanx in advance.

Su.Radhakrishnan   15 July 2009 at 09:03

custody of children

mother has two children - 9 year old boy and 7 year old girl. she works and earns. father does not work. simply sits at home and ill-treats wife. misunderstanding results in father taking away the children to undisclosed destination. claims that children are for living with him. mother wants custody of children in their best interest. what can she do?

prsatish   15 July 2009 at 05:28


we had kept a case in sdjm court berhampur,orissa .in theyear2004..our lawyer there mr.nandakumartripathy is not telling can we find out the position of the number is cc.29/2004.when we contacted other lawyers also in berhampur we are not getting any information.