LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pleading irretrievable breakdown in HC appeal

(Querist) 27 September 2017 This query is : Resolved 
Divorce petition got dismissed on merit in family court after 7 years. Now, can petitioner ask for divorce on irretrievable breakdown of marriage in appeal in high court?
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 28 September 2017
Although the Parliament has not amended Hindu Marriage Act and other related laws regarding irretrievable breakdown of marriage Supreme c0ourtr has put its stamp of approval on this kind of divorce.So,til parliament legislates on this issue Supreme court law is the law of the land.Yes! you can now file a divorce case in Highcourt by way of appeal on the ground of irretrievable Breakdown of Marriage.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 28 September 2017
Generally, no new issue can be raised in appeal.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 01 October 2017
I agree with expert Mr. Rajendra K Goyal, no new fact/document can be introduced in appeal.
I endorse the opinion and advise of Ms. Usha Kapoor, although the legislators have not yet amended Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 qua insertion of "irretrievable breakdown" of marriage as another ground for divorce yet the fact has been recognised by the Courts and you may submit the same in your argument.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query