LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mental illness of spouse

(Querist) 23 April 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Can one send notice or file a case for share/rights on in laws of his/her spouse who is suffering from mental illness (bipolar disorder/schizophrenia) especially when he/she is left to deal with mentally ill spouse by those who have Cunningly/wisely deprived the mentally ill person of his/her rights OR one need to get authorization/power of attorney from mentally ill spouse to represent him/her in the court of law?

Please, suggest/guide the way to proceed in the right direction with right approach.

Thank you.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 23 April 2024
All your questions will be answered properly if you approach an experienced lawyer in the local by an appointment, discuss the issues in details and proceed as per the advises received.
Don't forget to carry the relevant documents/papers related to your subject queries while seeking suggestions/solutions.
The question what you have posted here is blunt and devoid of any particulars, hence any advise rendered would be misleading.
The National Trust Act, 1999 governs guardianship for mentally disabled individuals in India. Under Section 14 of this Act, a local-level committee has the authority to appoint a guardian for mentally disabled persons. The appointed guardian must inform authorities about the individual’s movable and immovable properties, debts, assets, and liabilities within six months of their appointment.

As rightly advised by Shri T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate you may contact a local Lawyer with full details.

Arun (Querist) 23 April 2024
Thank you sir for your guidance and suggestions.
Warm regards
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 23 April 2024
you are welcome for your appreciations

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now