Value of my letter head

Respected sir,
I did BSC,LLB in 1996 . I am into sales. I have not registered in Bar council. There are some customers who are the defaulters and has to pay back money for the products they purchased.
Can I use my letter heads to issue a legal notice to those customer who has to pay the dues . Is it a valid NOTICE.

You may issue notice as a Salesman. But you shold not issue notice as an advocate.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)

You are just a law graduate but not a lawyer as per Advocate Act, 1961 so you can;t use the letter-head as an advocate.

Bar Council Enrollment and getting thro Exam conducted by Bar Council is mandatory only to practice in Courts

You could very well serve the Legal Notice mentioning it as From " Legal Department " of the company signed by you mentioning your qualification as Advocate instead of serving the notice in individual capacity of your self as an Advocate

Sb Karma (Expert)

Don't use letter head as advocate,
introduce as sales person.
but you can disclose your BSC LLB tag

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Expert)

since you are not registered in bar council, therefore, cannot use the term advocate

There are a Lot of Advocates in Govt Public Sectors and Private Sectors serving in the Legal Departments of the concerned Organisation... Only that they will not be able to represent in Courts being full time Employees But they could serve the Legal Notice representing the Organisation they serve under the Title of Legal Department

I endorse the opinion and advise of experts, you can not insert "advocate" with your status in letter-head.

×