LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Queries Participated

ABHIJIT BHATTACHARJEE   06 September 2014 at 12:34

Regarding entitlement of yearly increment while serving in govt. job

Respected Experts,
I had been serving in PWD, Govt. of Tripura as a Junior Engineer from 29-10-2008 to 28-02-2014, afternoon. Then from 01-03-2014, forenoon on wards I have been serving as Assistant Engineer in the same department under same Govt. It is to mention that, the appointment to the post of Assistant Engineer, was through an open competitive examination (direct recruitment)conducted by state Public Service Commission, in which I had applied through proper channel.

In the above circumstances,the yearly increment which is due to all Govt. employee on 1st July, 2014, was not effective in my case, since I have not completed 180 days service since joining on 01-03-2014.

Now, my question is, since I had technically resigned from the earlier post to join the present post without any break in service and also when all the previous service benefits have been carry forwarded, whether, I was eligible to avail the increment on 01-07-2014, or not?

So,Please guide me.

KRISHNATEJA   03 June 2014 at 17:53

Is mother name is considered while checking particulars in passport verification?


In my S.S.C marks list my mother name is printed as PONNALURI ARUNA and in my date of birth it is printed as PONNALURI ARUNA KUMARI

Now i'm applying for my passport so is there any problem with this flaw. Give me suggestions what should i have to do?

Arul Kumar   14 May 2013 at 15:38

Appointment of advocate in a society

Dear Experts,

Mr. X is an advocate. A flat in Co-operative Society, Mumbai is in the name of Mrs X. who is also a member management committee.

Can the society appoint Mr. X, an advocate to represent the society? Does it amount to conflict of interest? Because Mr. X & Mrs. X are creating lots of problems among the members through continues litigation.

Thanking you,


Arul Kumar   08 February 2013 at 19:27

Water leak in chs

Dear Experts,

My flat in 6th floor in a Co-operative Housing Society (SRA) in Mumbai city. The lady in 7th floor above my flat wash her room by pouring water in her hall which caused water seapage in ceiling of my flat and spoiled the pop and caused flaking of ceiling painting. Dispite of repeated warning she has not stopped this act for an year. Complaints to the Managing committee also fell in deaf ears.

Please advise me what kind of action can be taken against such errant member.

Thanking you,


Rakesh   19 October 2012 at 13:01

Change of signature.

Hi friends,

Please let me know the legal procedure to change the Signature.

Thank you.

Arul Kumar   17 October 2012 at 17:35

Singing class in chs

Dear Experts,

Is it legal to conduct singing class in Co-oerative Housing Society in Mumbai? On what ground the members or office bearer can object it?

Thanking you,

A. Kumar

Arul Kumar   31 August 2012 at 13:12

Different parking charges for licencee

Dear Experts,

Is it right to charge different parking charges to person on Leave licencee by a Co-operative Society(Mumbai)?

Thanking you,


Arul Kumar   11 August 2012 at 21:11

Marriage after divorce

Dear Experts,

A christian man has obtained divorce decree. The marriage was dissolved by decree of divorce under sec 10 (1)(i), section 10(1)(ix) and Sec 10(1)(x) of The divorce act 1869, in February 2012.

Now the man intend to get marry another widow. Should he wait further or he can get marry now?

Thanking you,

girish   29 July 2012 at 13:56

Registration under bombay shop and establishment act


If a person is involved in making handbags and operates as an individual proprietor from his residence and sells the handbags through online portals only, then is he required to resister his business under bombay shop and establishment act? The place of business is in Mumbai

Further does he needs to obtain TIN for MVAT and CST? If so, could you please advise me as to what would be the applicable MVAT and CST rate for the handbags which are made from leather and foam and jute material?

Please advise.

Arul Kumar   09 July 2012 at 12:39

Validity of transfer

Dear Experts,

Mr. 'A' is an officer in College, affliated to Mumbai University and aided by Govt. Now he has been transferred to another district in Maharashtra, when he is due to be retired in 18 months.

Whether such tranfer is valid or challangeable?

Thanks & Regards,



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query