LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Water leak in chs

(Querist) 08 February 2013 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Experts,

My flat in 6th floor in a Co-operative Housing Society (SRA) in Mumbai city. The lady in 7th floor above my flat wash her room by pouring water in her hall which caused water seapage in ceiling of my flat and spoiled the pop and caused flaking of ceiling painting. Dispite of repeated warning she has not stopped this act for an year. Complaints to the Managing committee also fell in deaf ears.

Please advise me what kind of action can be taken against such errant member.

Thanking you,

R.K Nanda (Expert) 08 February 2013
send legal notice and claim damages.
R.K Nanda (Expert) 08 February 2013
send legal notice and claim damages.
Santosh Sharda (Expert) 09 February 2013
File a suit in cooperative court against the occupant above, the cooperative society, and its office bearers.
ajay sethi (Expert) 09 February 2013
you will have to move cooperative court against said member . you can also raise the issue in AGM and demand action against said member as complaints made to MC have fallen on deaf ears
Santosh Sharda (Expert) 20 February 2013
Your action also lies in Consumer Court against the office bearers for deficiency in service. However, the action against the main culprit will be diluted as joining him will only be in the nature of confirming party for all practical purposes.

Cooperative court will solve the problem. With due respects to Adv Ajay Sethi, it has been seen that in the hands of the MC and in the AGM, these issues linger on unless the MC is active.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query