LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Regarding entitlement of yearly increment while serving in govt. job

(Querist) 06 September 2014 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Experts,
I had been serving in PWD, Govt. of Tripura as a Junior Engineer from 29-10-2008 to 28-02-2014, afternoon. Then from 01-03-2014, forenoon on wards I have been serving as Assistant Engineer in the same department under same Govt. It is to mention that, the appointment to the post of Assistant Engineer, was through an open competitive examination (direct recruitment)conducted by state Public Service Commission, in which I had applied through proper channel.

In the above circumstances,the yearly increment which is due to all Govt. employee on 1st July, 2014, was not effective in my case, since I have not completed 180 days service since joining on 01-03-2014.

Now, my question is, since I had technically resigned from the earlier post to join the present post without any break in service and also when all the previous service benefits have been carry forwarded, whether, I was eligible to avail the increment on 01-07-2014, or not?

So,Please guide me.
Arul Kumar (Expert) 06 September 2014
In my opinion the answer is No as your appoint is fresh for new post, you have to complete 180 days of service in the present appointment. Please checkup your appointment letter and service rule, there may be clause mentioning the entitlement.
ABHIJIT BHATTACHARJEE (Querist) 08 September 2014
Thank you for yor kind response.

But one more question I would like to ask you whether there is any provision in the service rule in relation to my case,where,I will get 2 increments in the next year i.e. on 01-07-2015.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query