Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Queries Participated

Anonymous   30 July 2010 at 18:41

u/s 138 NI Act

In discharging his debt, a person has issued a cheque of SELF and that cheque has dishonored with the reason INSUFFICIENT FUND. In that case can we file a complaint u/s 138 NI Act after issuing notice?

Naresh watwani   20 July 2010 at 08:58

Cheque Bounce

I had sold stock worth rupees 23500/- to a shopkeeper(provision stores) here in pune.

He has give me cheques that have now bounced and he is creating problems by showing his inability to pay.

what can i do to recover my dues, please advise.

Anonymous   01 July 2010 at 09:11

Section 138 INA

I sent notice to party on dishonouring of cheque. On cover of acknowledged registered letter , the address of party is written CORRECT & letter is delivered there also BUT in SENDER`s coloumn I wrote the name of LAWYER ( like FROM : X Y SINGH advocate) and wrote my residential address & not of lawyer. Will it effect on filing the case ?

Anonymous   02 June 2010 at 23:43

498a victim

my wife have submitted some forge bill of purchase of jewellery in court which is duly signed and affirmed by that so called jeweller and my wife.

Now I want to file a cheating case against her, that she has submitted forge bills.
What I want to know is...... whether I can file the case right now or wait for her evidence in her cross.

Anonymous   21 February 2010 at 23:04



K Satyanarayana   17 February 2010 at 23:57

Validity of 498 A of I.P.C if withdraw the case

My client is complainant in 498 A of I.P.C case, now my client wanted to withdraw the case, presently the case is in Crime stage and police did not file charge sheet till now, due to her complaint her husband Central Govt Job lost, there is no income Department ordered as after closed the 498 a case then job will be reinstated, due to that reason, my client suffering as a humanity hence she wanted to withdraw the case against her husband immediately please suggest sir

My query is (1) if my client withdraw the case in crime stage is there any problem, (2)If after withdraw the case if husband again harass my client is there same value before the Police station (3) If harass my client May give complaint again u/s 498 a is it possible to accept the case by police. if there is any section to withdraw the case immediately please give with full details, waiting for your valuable replies, thanks to all experts

ravi anu ramraika   16 February 2010 at 19:52

sir,intersting case of 138.

appelant give me notice first through publication in news paper, may i go high cort in 482, kya parivadi ke dvara paper main pahle notice publish karakar, bad main by post se bhi bheja hai, maine parivadi ke upar 500 manhani ka mukadma kiya hai, kya 482 main mujhe high court rahat degi

Dadi Uma Mahesh   13 February 2010 at 06:37

Can Cheque Payment be made in Cr P C 125

Can maintenance payment be done through Cheque payment?

Anonymous   13 February 2010 at 00:40

Misuse of Section 498a

A case had been registered against me and my old parents under Section 498a based on false allegations.
The petitioner refused to honour the marriage as she realised that she would not be able to give up her independent way of life at Chandigarh and relocate. As she is in service she could not demand maintenance; but she & her family wanted to terrorize & extort money from me. I did not give in to their demand for money and they filed a case under section 498a, in addition to annulment case in family court.
She did not stay with me even for a day. As I presented my case in family court stating true facts, she had no other option but to state that the allegations were due to 'misunderstanding' and got the annulment. However, the section 498a case could not be settled on the same day as the case had got transferred to a different court.
Now that she has got the annulment, she or her parents are not responding to JMC (judicial magistrate court) summons. Summons have returned as 'Not served' 4 times. Chances are they have shifted residence or using some other foul means to avoid summons and we are stuck with this section 498a case.
She had given Deposition before family court judge that allegations filed under section 498a were due to 'misunderstanding' and she would not pursue that case (we have certified copy of that). She had also given a written declaration to old JMC stating she would not pursue section 498a case.
New JMC wants the Petitioner or a witness to give declaration before the court in person that they would not pursue the section 498a case. She & her parents are taking advantage of this requirement to harass us and prolong the case.
Please let us know what's the best way to get this case closed. We have certified copies of Family court judgement of annulment due to non-consummation of marriage and petitioner's deposition before family court.
Please let me know if you need any other clarification to give proper advice.

Arvind Singh Chauhan   12 February 2010 at 17:41


Sir! whether possession of, frames of door and windows made of wood is an offence under Sec 26 Indian forest Act. Is there any difference between furniture and simple wood. How can i prove that these frames must be called furniture. Please suggest law and citation of higher courts if any.


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query