25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Queries Participated

shafeela   14 February 2011 at 09:00

compulsory stay of daughter in law(widow) and sons

My muslim widowed mother(76 years) is staying with house maid alone in fathers house.The eldest daughter in law and sons has tortured my mother mentally and she has been taken for psychiatric treatment before 3 years and kicked her out of the house. Then my mother gave 19 cent plot in her name to the grand son and made them leave the house and was staying with the maid since then. Now they have compulsorily come to the house and started staying there and telling its their property so will not leave. My mother has 7( 2 died) sons and 3 daughters.What is the law helpful?

rAJAN   15 December 2010 at 13:14


if the notice is served to partnership irm only but at the time of filing the cmpalaint u/s 138 if we hv not got the information regarding the partnrs now how we can involve the peartns in complinat. or to whom the summons be served . if summons ar erved o partnership firm then how the parners will appear in court

Zeeshan   15 December 2010 at 12:15

498a, please advive what to do.

wife filed 498a & 406. Judge ask for compromise. They are on 5,00,000. We are on 3,00,000/- Now I think giving money is like giving prize to her. She than re-marry than what happen of my 1.25 year old son ? ?I want to engage her in case for 3-4 years. till my son grow up & i got her custody.

Did i think right?

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL   11 December 2010 at 14:08

Protection of Women from Domestic Violation Act - 2005

I am moving an application under Section 23 of Protection of Women from Domestic Violation Act - 2005 for an exparte order ? Can any of our learned provide me judgements regarding grant of exparte order ?

Advocate M J   12 October 2010 at 18:27

cheque bouncing

Good evening sir, In a cheque bouncing case what is the time limit to file the case from when the cheque is bounced. If the cheque is bounced we hve to sent the legal notice and after 15 days only we can file a cheque bouncing case???? , right sir. wht are documents v need to submit before the court.and what is a "process memo".i am confused, please can the learned members guide me

Thank you

ishaq mohd   02 October 2010 at 16:59

n.i.act jurisdiction of court

please let me know latest case law on jurisdiction in negotiable instruments act

A YOGANANDA SWAMY   25 September 2010 at 16:09


The crime was registered against my friend 's family members under 498-A IPC and they mutually agreed for settlement and my friend's wife wants to withdraw the 498-A before the Lok Adalath.

Some of the friends said that the the 498-A should not close before the Lok Adalath as it is not valid?

Kindly clarify my doubt and give proper guidance.

Mugundhan   20 September 2010 at 12:14

Muslim Law -Will

Dear Experts, a Muslim client has requested me to draft his Will. Now what are the points and position of law, i have to keep in mind for preparing the will in the context of Muslim Law. Thank u.

Anonymous   10 January 2010 at 18:01

cheque bounce

Dear Sir,

i have a cheque bounce case in progress.Same cheque i had deposited as a security to my then employer agaist a loan.total loan amount i had deducted at the time of leaving the company.But rather to submit me the cheque,employer presented it to the bank result to the dishounered.

The case is still to reach at it's evidence level.Now the company has submitted an application that the original cheque has misplaced and ask to consider it's photocopy as a evidence.

Please answer what are the possibilities for me?



Chetan   05 January 2010 at 19:42

138 Negotiable Instrument Act

I had send notice of u/s 138 of NI Act on 7/12/2009 and till today not received any acknowledhment of post.

what shall I have to do in respect of liitation because on 7/1/2010 the limitation of 30 days is over

pls provide remedy ...... very urgently...


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query