Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandan Garg   18 August 2008 at 10:41

construction contract

In this case employer is providing cement,steel and reinforcement to the contracts, while architect is paid for providing drawings and supervision and contractor for building the flats and colonies as per architects drawing..

please tell what kind of post construction agreement for any defect arising in the construction or building ,can be made with both of architect and contractor and for how many years.

Vivek Shukla   17 August 2008 at 20:17

further education through correspondence

Hi, My Junior wants to pursue further legal education after LL.B. of offshore universities, which are having exam centres in India but which are providing jobs to such LL.B. graduates off shore particularly in U.S.A. .Plese send me the details of same at the earliest.Please name the sites or consultants alongwith their names and numbers.

ANOOP TRIPATHI   14 August 2008 at 01:18

second bail

a bail application is presented to the court of session judge and bail allowed, due to no knowledge a other advocate presented same bail with Clint affidavit this is first bail Clint himself do not know about first bail application and he is only son of accused .what is liability fix against advocate and Clint ?

Nirmal Joseph   13 August 2008 at 23:17

Query about Consumer Redressal Forum?

Hi Friends,

I purchased a flat (to be newly constructed) from a person (who is a Power Agent) by entering Sale Agreement for 1/6th of the land in July 2003. To satisfy one of the conditions in the Sale Agreement on the very same day I entered into a Construction Agreement for a flat of 1250 sq.ft. for a total construction cost of Rs.12,00,000/- with a partnership firm belonging to his family. As per the Construction Agreement I should pay the construction cost in installments based on the progress of the building and the contractor was supposed to complete and hand over the flats in 18 months from the date of agreement. In three months time I got the land registered in my name by paying full amount for the land. After that, though I became owner of 1/6th share of the land by virtue of the Registered Sale Deed, while applying for building approval only he signed in the place of owner without getting my consent. Subsequently he formed another partnership firm and entrusted the job of entire construction to that firm without my knowledge. While on construction they made lot of violations against the approved plan and building rules (I got the copy of the approved plan and the notice issued to the new builder by the local body using RTI Act). As a result they could not complete the construction. More over the construction is not done by the contractor with whom I signed the construction agreement. Can I approach Consumer Redressal Forum against him? Who are all to be made as parties of offenders?


RAJIV   13 August 2008 at 10:26




ANOOP TRIPATHI   13 August 2008 at 00:49


if a advocate do any other occupation in side work is misconduct in the lite of the advocate act?

Deepa   12 August 2008 at 14:21

Public Interest Litigation

Dear Members,
What are the criteria required to initiate a Public Interest Litigation against a building constructed totally violating building rules. One has constructed a building three times larger than the approval from the Municipality. He has violated Street Rule and Floor Area Ratio and lets all the hospital sewage to flow into the public rain water drainage. Can an affected neighbor go for PIL? For PIL which court should be approached?

Chandan Garg   12 August 2008 at 12:38

some software for legal deptt.

can somebody provide me some software f some project in excel sheet for a companies legal deptt.
we have to maintain just .
Name of case,
stage of matter
pvs. date
next date.

List of advocates and index

G. GANESAN   11 August 2008 at 23:11

Filing of F.I.R.,

Dear friends,
We, in general insurance companies, generally ask for FIR from the claimant/Insured as a proof of genuinity of the loss and to rule out the connivance of the Insured in the occurrence of the loss.

In cases of property damage, the police authorities refuse to file FIR stating that FIR will be filed only if there is death of or injury to anybody. They, in turn, give certified extract of GENERAL DIARY [GD] entry only.

Does it mean that FIR can be filed only if the action involves any offence attracting any sections of Indian Penal Code or any other act? Can FIR be not filed for any accidental damage to vehicle, accidental fire to the goods insured, etc.,

Kindly enlighten.

Nirmal Joseph   11 August 2008 at 19:29

Will Suit filed later affect the verdict of an existing Writ?

Hi Friends,

In June 2006, I filed a Writ of Mandamus to direct the Municipality to demolish the offensive portion of a building constructed on the boundary wall against the approved plan and rules. But the offender (while the Writ is in existence) three months later in September 2006, filed a false civil suit against me (with an intention of frustrating the Writ Petition) in a Lower Court and referred the presence of the civil suit in his Counter Affidavit in the Writ in November 2006 (5 months later).

The High Court rejected my pleading saying that there exists a civil suit on the property for demarcation of boundary. Against this order I filed Writ Appeal where, to prove that the Civil Suit is filed later than the Writ, I produced the copy of the pliant in the false civil suit filed by the offender. But unfortunately even after seeing that the Appeal was not admitted. Please help me how to proceed. And where all I can take-up this matter to get justice.