LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Anonymous   21 April 2022 at 16:13

False cheque notice

we received a false cheque notice , the cheque was bounced and after receiving the intimation of the same, we after 16 days by way of RTGS made them a payment of cheque amount, they received it and accepted it , and still they have sent us 2 notices, one for under section 138 and second for cancellation of sale deed , against which said cheques were issued, as 138 cannot be applicable to us as they received and accepted the payment , now can we file any counter suit on him for sending wrong notice like defamation or any civil or criminal suit.
Kindly guide .

continue Answer now
Anonymous   03 April 2022 at 15:08

Red stamp

Mene property purchase ki he meri sell deed paper pe red stam lagi hui he sdm se notice bhi aya he me ye janna chata hu ki ab hum kya kare jis se ye sab solved ho jae

continue Answer now
konidena adv subrahmanyam   08 December 2021 at 12:18

Fcra act, rules, notifications

Respected sirs
I have two quieries
1.is it mandatory to appoint mva hr under fcra, if so under what section, rule or notification
2. Is it mandatary to appoint purchase committee under fcra to finalise purchase contracts enter the same in minutes books. If so under what section, rule or notification
Kindly advice
Adv K. V. Subramanyam

continue Answer now
Anonymous   23 November 2021 at 12:28

Urgent help-misselling insurance to 80+ yr old

Little lengthy - but its urgent- kindly guide me.

BRIEF NOTE BEFORE DETAILS: Main reason for posting here is because someone from the Ombudsman office (Assistance Secretary to Ombudsman (A.S.O), who was with the judge in the hearings) has been calling me several times asking me (literally threatening) to withdraw the cases and settle with a compromise with the Insurance company (the terms of which he will speak to company and arrange) or else I will not receive any refund and cases will be reversed. Inspite of that I went ahead with the hearings based on someone's suggestion.

BACKGROUND
My father is 80+ and suffering from Alzheimer's/dementia. He receives a pension of 25K per month. Prior to the diagnosis of his disease, he fell victim to mis-selling of 13 insurance policies by 2 agents in just 2 yrs time - total premium around 25Lac p.a for 5 - 6 years. From what the doctor told and from learning more about Alzheimer's, it is clear that he had serious memory decline already at that time and was not in a position to handle financial decisions. The agents have misguided him heavily as he was not in a position to oppose when they were dumping policies to him. My parents were staying in different location at that time and I was not aware of any of his finance etc.

They are all life insurance policies given in the names of me, my sister, my mother and my daughter. In some cases agents have filled wrong salary and rental income details in the proposal form for myself and my sister whereas both are home-makers and have no personal income. I was not aware that so many policies were given and secondly my father had told they were like FD to avoid tax from some maturity amount he received so I thought it was only one time investment. After 2 years,( in 2019-2020) the policies started lapsing and by this time my father had total memory loss and is not in a position to even remember anything. I got to know all this when I started receiving several calls on my fathers mobile for premium payment. After a lot of research I understood that the agents had sold policies knowing somehow about his maturity money and must have definitely known that he cannot pay more that 2 yrs premium.

First I raised complaint with the companies. Some 5 polices have been cancelled and refunded by the company itself, these are lower value polices < 1 lac per annum.

For the others where the company refused to cancel and refund, I had raised complaint earlier this year with the local Insurance Ombudsman and the Policies have now started to come up for hearing with ombudsman, on different dates.
1) In the first case, policy is in the name of my daughter with my father as proposer. Ombudsman asked to refund the amount due to some technical mistake in selling- grandfather to grand daughter
2) Second policy, in my mother's name (she is the proposer and life assured, currently 69yr old) In this 3 premiums totally 2.4 lacs have been paid. The judge said since my fathers name is not involved in this, he cannot treat this policy like the first one. He has ordered the company to make it a single premium policy.
3) In the third policy, my sister is the proposer and life assured. Premium around 2.5Lacs Half yearly and 3 premiums have been paid. My sister is uneducated and no personal income. The judge questioned the company how they could give policy to someone with no capacity to pay premium - sum assured is 50Lacs. They have given them 2 days time to contact the broker company and come up with the explanation. I am waiting for the ombudsman decision.

My queries:
1. In the case where policy is converted to single premium, will the insurance company deduct some amount as administration charges etc or is the full amount taken for premium.
(The ombudsman did not mention about any deduction but the A.S.O who called me again after hearing said there will be deduction.)
2. Given the heavy mis-selling, should the judge not order for refund all amount even if it is in the name of my sister or myself. He said he would not treat all cases same as they are in different names.
3. The policy in my name is nearly 7 Lac per annum premium. And 2 yrs premium paid. The A.S.O has warned me again for this that if I go for hearing, the ombudsman will reject my case as I am educated. So he said he will talk to company and settle something and I should withdraw with compromise. Is he guiding me correctly?

continue Answer now
Anonymous   23 November 2021 at 12:26

>>>

BACKGROUND

My queries:

continue Answer now
Anonymous   19 November 2021 at 15:29

Trust related

Hello
I wanted to know what is the process of resigning as a managing trustee and transferring the same post to one of the trustees, also there is no resignation clause in the trust deed? Kindly suggest the legal methods to do the same

continue Answer now
K PALANIVEL   29 October 2021 at 17:10

Central govt standing counsel opinion

Against the Sub-Court's judgement in Tamilnadu in a Land Acquisition Case, The Central Govt Standing Counsel has opined to a Government Department that it is not a fit case for appeal.

Whether can we overlook the opinion given by Central Govt Standing Counsel.

Kindly clarify.

continue Answer now
DEEPAK DHAMEJA   15 October 2021 at 14:06

Non-hawking zone

IF OUR LOCAL BODY DECLARES ONE STREET AS NON HAWKING ZONE
THEN I WANT TO ASK FROM YOUR SIDE THAT THEN IT IS WHO S RESPONSIBILITY TO MAINTAIN AS NON HAWKING ZONES ??
AND WHAT IS THE ROLE OF POLICE IN THAT (CITY AS WELL AS TRAFFIC)
THANKS

continue Answer now
jobstervijay   08 October 2021 at 20:37

Mpsc and upsc need help

mpsc = maharashtra public service commision
upsc- union public service commsion
I am age 38 open category

1)
mpsc have age limit of 38 ,last time they announces exam at 2019 and nothing later 2 years
now they announced exams but I am age bar that also by 3 days

please guide me there way to put STRONG ,ephasise on strong PIL toincrease age limit for candidate who are serious and age bar due to corona

I need steps
I cant file petitions and sign as I stay in different state right now and not touch with other mpsc students

2) divyang shreni

I have dvt ,venus thrambiosis
in usa its considered divyang but in India not

I need to put case for put it in divyang shreni

continue Answer now
Brijesh   01 October 2021 at 14:39

Bhogwatadar -1 land records

Dear sir, I have an agricultural land and we paid 50% of ready reckoner to convert the navin Sharat to bhogwatadar 1. The order from tha tasildar says bogwatadar 1 but on the saat bara it is mentioned navin sharat is converted to junni sharat and the word bhogwatadar 1 is not mentioned on the 712. Now I want to sell it and the purchasers lawyer is insisting on getting the 712 updated by adding the word bhigwatadar 1 on the 712.
This involves getting a new order from the paranth office which again is a huge cost.
Sir, I just wanted to know whether this excercise is necessary. Or will junni sharad do. The vendors lawyer claims that the pmrda will create impediments at the time of building a farm house and will demand again 50% of ready reckoner for building permission.
Can you please clarify this.
Thank you so much

continue Answer now