Appeal to registrar of co-op hsg. socy. by caretaker of flat

This query is : Resolved 

31 July 2019

I am Ex-member of the Hsg. Socy and now staying as a caretaker. Can I file appeal to the Registrar of Co-op. Hsg. Socy. regarding dispute of arrears in society charges amounting to Rs.80,000/ approx. Please advise.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
01 August 2019

You were member of the Society and/or Management Committee of the Society?
Every State has its Cooperative Societies Act and Rules, which state you are located?
Caretaker in a Society has no locus to approach Registrar Cooperative Societies.
It would be better to consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts, guidance and proceeding.

Mehta (Querist)
01 August 2019

Expert Vashista ji, I was a member of the society, flat is in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Society has charged compound interest on arrears amount which I do not agree to pay and for this purpose I wants Registrar of co-op society to give instruction to the MC of the society. Thanks for your advise.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert)
01 August 2019

If you are member you have every right to approach registrar for settling your grievances.

Mehta (Querist)
01 August 2019

Expert Pawar ji, I am ex-member, flat is transferred in my nephew name but I have continued to stay in the flat and maintenance bill is paid by me. In this case do I have right to approach registrar ?

Isaac Gabriel (Expert)
07 August 2019

everybody has got right to settle grievance with the Registrar, fi the grievance is not addressed by the Management.

Mehta (Querist)
07 August 2019

Expert Isaac Gabriel ji, thanks for the advise.

Hemant Agarwal (Expert)
24 August 2019

1. Caretaker is classified as an "employee" and would have no rights, whatsoever.

2. However "IF" the Caretaker is given an registered Power of Attorney (POA) or a "authorized representative" letter by the Flat-Owner, "THEN" the Caretaker can do "ALL" the activities that the Flat-Owner is entitled to, which includes representing before the coop. Registrar or other authorities and in the local Consumer Court.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu