Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Queries Participated

Anonymous   23 February 2011 at 19:06

long term capital gain tax

i have purchased agricultural land in 1975 which is out of municipal corporation limits but within 8 k.m. from municipal corporation area now i want to sale this land and again i am purchasing another agricultural land from money earn by the sale of land purchased in 1975 whether the amount received will be taxed or not

manoj kumar saraswat   12 February 2011 at 18:59

capital gain on jewellery for doner

when an individual donate some jewelery to his/her father then what is his/her income tax this transaction make some capital gain for the donor. plz tell in details. thank you

Anonymous   12 January 2011 at 21:12

IT Returns Filling

I had taken employement abroad in Nov 2009 and started earning from that time. I would like to know, how i should file the IT returns for the year Apr 2009- Mar 2010 in India. The company where I worked in India had deducted my tax till my stay for the income earned from Apr - Oct 2009. Also I would now be paying tax for my income for Jan 2010 - Dec 2010 abroad. Below are my questions.

Q1: Now how do i file my IT return in India, for the above scenario?
Q2: What amount would be considered for computing my total tax in india?
Q3: Do I need to pay tax in India on the amount I earned for which I would be paying the tax in abroad?
Q4: What are the supporting documents I would require to produce at the time of filing IT returns?

Thanks & Regards

YOGESHWAR.   02 January 2011 at 17:09

Formation of a Pvt Ltd.

What will be all told expanses for formation of a pvt ltd co with say a capital of Rs one lac at Mumbai.

devinder   30 December 2010 at 09:21

marriage certificate

i had applied under special merriage act in punjab for marriage registration .on 2nd of aug 2010.they published notice for 30days .if someone have problem with this marriage.but no one have objection on this marriage .but now they are not giving certificate to me.they are saying both should present to collect wife american chritshan and i am indian..can i colect certificate without my wife.

Adv FAMILY COURT Misra   23 December 2010 at 08:45

revision petition

Revision petition can be filed in the same bench which has given the judjment.It is a request to think over on the matterfor the second time.

Adv. karinamishra   21 December 2010 at 18:36


whether the ICMR guidelines on surrogacy are violative to Article 21?

Probir Kumar Dhar   19 December 2010 at 19:14

Error in reporting Assessment Year while paying Income Tax

Dear Sirs,

On 13.12.2010 I had paid Rs. 75000.00 towards income Tax through my bankers. Said tax was duly remitted by my bank to the Income Tax authorities / NSDL.It had been clearly mentioned by me in the challan that the tax pertained to the assessment year 2011-12 But two major errors occurred in the process.
In the first place, instead of mentioning the payment as an ADVANCE TAX in the challan, it was through oversight mentioned by me that it represented SELF ASSESSMENT TAX. This was a mistake on my part.
However, in the second place, my bank had mentioned in the challan and other payment documents that the tax pertained to the assessment year 2010-11. Since my full tax for the assessment year 2010-11 (F.E. 2009-10)had already been paid earlier within the stipulated time and I had already filed my tax return also within time (i.e. 31.07.2010), the question of the tax being pertainining to the assessment year 2010-11 (F.E. 2009-10)did not arise.
Upon taking up with my bankers for this error, I was informed by them that the online system was not accepting the details that the tax pertained to the assessment year 2011-12 and hence they had entered the same as pertaining to the assessment year 2010-11
My question is what now I am suppossed to do to get this error rectified in the records of the IT authorities? I have already written to the ITO of my ward to treat this payment as advance tax for the A.Y.2011-12 and to ignore what had been wrongly mentioned by my bank while making the payment. But I am not sure how they will respond.
Further, can any complaint to the Higher authorities of my bank help as, in case their online system was not accepting the A.Y. as 2011-12, they should have got back to me over phone or letter to clarify the matter, when I would have got the opportunity to get the matter rectified before remitting the actual payment? In what manner can this help me?

PLEASE guide me on all the above issues.

KOLKATA 700091

SUSHIL KUMAR RUNGTA   12 December 2010 at 16:13

VAT charged by states on Govt. supply

My clients are Railway suppliers who procure orders from Railway, fabricates materilas and supplies the same to different destinations at Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Karnatka. His having place of business at Kolkata regd. under Wets Bengal Sales Tax. He supplies materials charging 2% CST. The Railway deducts VAT of that state from his bills and he claims the same as his expenditure which the A.O. is not allowing as expenditure in Income Tax Act. Can you please advice me the stand so that the same can be proved as expenditire.

Anonymous   12 December 2010 at 08:15

Short Term Capital Gain

I was having investment of Rs. 30000 in a Mutual Fund and I have sold all the units for Rs. 36000 before 12 months holding.

What will be liability of Tax under "Income Tax of India" for Financial year 2010-11 if my income is above 5 lacs rupees


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query