Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

marriage certificate

(Querist) 30 December 2010 This query is : Resolved 
i had applied under special merriage act in punjab for marriage registration .on 2nd of aug 2010.they published notice for 30days .if someone have problem with this marriage.but no one have objection on this marriage .but now they are not giving certificate to me.they are saying both should present to collect wife american chritshan and i am indian..can i colect certificate without my wife.
Khaleel Ahmed (Expert) 30 December 2010
Whithout her presence marriage certificate can not be issued.Whatever the officials told you, follow.
devinder (Querist) 30 December 2010
thanks sir.but how much time limit to collect certificate like 6months or no time limit
Sathyan A.R. (Expert) 30 December 2010
The marriage certificate register should be signed both by you and your wife before the registrar of marriage simultaneously.
This is safeguard fraudulent activity and in the interest of married couple only
You have to abide by the rule.The officials are correct in the requirement.

A.R.Sathyan advocate
devinder (Querist) 30 December 2010
how much time limit to collect certificate time 6mnths or more than
Gulshan Tanwar (Expert) 30 December 2010
It will be available to you only when the same is signed by both the parties and before that no question of any type of collection of the same as you yourself had not abide by the rule then how can you say to collect the same.

On the date of signature also to present the witnesses else the certificate again will not be issued to you.
Gulshan Tanwar (Expert) 30 December 2010
Any certificate or its certified copy can be taken within a period of 3 years after that the person had to file a fresh with other legal formalities and with the penalty.
B K Raghavendra Rao (Expert) 30 December 2010
You would get the marriage certificate say in about a week's time. But, if you have urgency, you may approach the Sub-Registrar and get it in a couple of days.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query