LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samaritan1987   20 November 2022 at 14:23

Conversation recordings b/w my wife and her family members

I have recorded a conversation between my wife and her father and other family members, while they are arguing about forceful marriage done by them, during their conversation, i am also present in the room, but my voice is not present, so, is it allowed to submit in the court as a proof ?, does it constitutes any privacy violation ? , because I am in the room but i was silent and recording their conversation, so is it good idea to use as a evidence in the court, that my wife was forced to marry.

shyam lal Online   12 November 2022 at 07:02

Monetary claim

The fact of the matter is a Hindu educated unmarried women marries a Christian married man whos lives with his first wife.
The marriage was solemnised by a Muslim clergy seems the man converted to Islam.
Query.. What are the legal finianacial benefits that the second wife (Hindu) can demand/claim for her self and if she bears a child /children under this married arrangement.

Anonymous   04 November 2022 at 21:16

Dna test of child born in a live-in relationship

My friend's divorce case is pending in court for many years due to his wife's non-cooperation. Recently he has started a Live-in relationship with a divorced lady. Now, the confusion is that if a child is born out of this Live-in relationship, can his legal wife approach the court for the DNA test of the child to prove bigamy or adultery? In such a situation, can the court order a DNA test without the consent of the mother?

Pavan   31 October 2022 at 06:06

Counterclaim divorce

is writing order Viii rule 6a mandatory in divorce counter claim?
In divorce counter claim ,I mentioned "
COUNTER CLAIM FILED BY THE RESPONDENT UNDER SECTION 23A IN HINDU MARRIAGE ACT,1955" but I forgot to mention order viii rule 6a.Is it ok or invalid

Anonymous   28 October 2022 at 17:22

Look out circular cancellantion

Hi. I have an FIR in my name under prohibition of dowry harassment 498a. For this, there was an LOC issued and I was caught at the Hyderabad airport when I was returning from Dubai. I was handed over to the respective police station and got station bail on the same day. Now after 90days FIR logged against me was closed. Later, I checked with the police station and they are orally confirming that they have sent an application from district SP office to Delhi to Cancel the LOC. Now, I have to travel back to abroad and I am not sure is that mandatory to have LOC cancellation letter with me while boarding in Airport. Request an expert suggestion on this. Thanks and advance.

mabusubhani   13 September 2022 at 11:17

Right on father self acquired property

Respected Sir/ Madam
I one of the family member.My Father died recently. from that occasion my mother and my sister not allow me in to the house which was my father self property( NOt write any will or gift deed). Now i can break the locks of the compound wall and veranda to take my possession. give advice

Anonymous   20 August 2022 at 19:27

Daughter in law's rights in a registered will

Respected members,

Need guidance to the below query:

A case u/s 498A and DV act was filed in the local family court in the name of my brother (named as main accused) and my parents also named therein. The case is going on for last 12 years.
Meanwhile my brother met with an accident and passed away. After the unfortunate incident, my ailing mother made a registered will in favour of the remaining children to transfer her rights in a small house which was in her name. The house was constructed by my parents from their own income and not inherited.

Now at this stage, I have two queries:

1. Can my late brother’s wife drag my old age parents to legal complications, as the main party to the case is deceased?
2. Can she claim a share in the house while my mother is alive?

Thank you for your time in attending to my query.

Best regards

Anonymous   19 August 2022 at 13:32

Section 125 crpc for maintenance of child

Respected sir
Can son ask maintenance from her mother in section 125 Crpc?

Anonymous   03 August 2022 at 09:16

Nbws in crpc125

My brother is regularly paying maintenance of Rs.4000 PM to his child. The wife intentionally admitted in a reputed school of Fees. 16,000 PM and only education arrears are pending and NBWs are issued. His income is Rs.15000/ as he is working in a small company and all records are there. Now 1) shall he file modification order u/s 127 CrPC retrospectively and warrants recall petition in the same family court ? or Go to high court for revision of the interim maintenance order which was issued in 2018 with condone delay. the order is to pay educational allowances actually.

prakashsingh   25 July 2022 at 16:18

Filing a divorce petition

Dear respected experts,

I am writing on behalf of a friend who is facing trial against his wife under 498a. The trial is underway for almost 10 years and he has been sent judicial custody in the beginning. He doesn't want to live with that lady again, so he has filed a divorce petition twice but got rejected.

Our questions are:-
1. Do we need to file another divorce petition separately or the judgement of 489a will be enough for treating them separated?
2. Will the judgement of 498a help him file a successful divorce petition?

Thanks in advance..

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query