LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous   16 September 2018 at 09:22


dear sir
i got married in 1995 under Sikh rites at chandigarh-- due to some problems now i have taken up a case for mutual divorce ---my inlaws have not replied but as a counter have sent a letter to GOC Southern Command Pune to deduct maintenance allowance and give it to there daughter---- i have contacted a chandigarh lawyer rajesh khurana to advise---- the lawyer says marriage comes under prohibition since my mother and mother in law are real sisters -------the lawyer has advised to draft letter to army authorities accordingly--------------- the lawyer has suggested an amount of 3lacs total for the divorce in full and 1.25 lacs as advance-------------
please advise --------------
also kindly let me know the name of any good advocate in chandigarh dealing with such cases--is rajesh khurana a good advocate--i have also been advised the name of one more advocate babban maan at chandigarh-------------------
regards ------

Anonymous   14 September 2018 at 10:40

Family membership certificate


i am shilpa, my father pvt employee has expired in 2009, when inquired for family membership certificate they told it is given only to govt employees. Now after bifercation of telangana and ap state, ap govt has issued a GO and started issuing the same for general public. I need information whether the same is issued in telangana state or not for the general public. Plz do the needful.

Anonymous   08 September 2018 at 14:56


My case was posted for orders after final arguments in the merits of the case . But unfortunately the PO was transferred. Now the Court is vacant from nearing two months. Now when new PO comes do we need to do the final Arguments once again? Is there any citation available to proceed to order??

afshan   25 August 2018 at 12:08

hanafi law of inheritance

Share of Widow and 2 daughters in Husband or fathers inherited property..

A person died leaving behind a widow and 2 daughters he is entitled for some1/3rd share in inherited property from his Grandmother through his died mother .

what will the share of widow and 2 daughters, Is there any residue will be left or widow and daughters are entitled completely to the property inherited by their father or husband.

Thanks and Regards

BABU [BHAIYYA] RAMPURWALE   24 August 2018 at 00:19

Interim application rejected etc

Dear Advocates,
We had filed alimony petition for wife and child (permanent) and along with that we had filed a interim applicatoin citing change in circumstances asking court to award interim relief from the opposite party who were declared exparte already by the court due to non appearance of the opposite party. Now the alimony petitoin has been dismissed citing so and so reasons. In the order sheet there is no mention of the interim application which was submitted to the court. The Interim applicatoin was "rejected" without giving any reasons whatsoever. There is no mention of this interim application in the order sheet at all where we had asked interim relief for my sister and her child. We were following up the case on
h t t p : / / ecourts . gov . in and the proceedings were mentioned as:-
Hearing on IA,

Hearing on IA.

Orders on IA.

but now the judge has dismissed the main petition seeking alimony and has gotten deleted the details which were entered onto the court website. The judge when he told that the interim application has been rejected, he did not give the interim application back to us. Can a judge get such details of a IA petitoin filed deleted from
the court website?

In this case what to do whom to complain?

Mohmmad Manzoor Alam   21 August 2018 at 21:21

Property which is buy in the name of wife and son

First of All i am very thank full to alla experts here to give right advice to the very poor and help less peopple like me.
My query to any one how really know about this type of matter.

Dear , Madam , Sir
My is Mohammad manzoor Alam i am a Bihar Based person who working here In Gulf since 1993 till now
1, i was buy a build home in Bihar where some part registered in my wife and some of my name.
2, One free hold land i was buy in my wife name and some of in son name (when i was buy this plot my son wa minor)
so, now they sold my property and buy a new property In Delhi (on power of atornny)
My question is , do i get my property back or the amount which is sold by them
do i get out my only one son from my both house or do i declaired my son from my property.
if any experts have right solution about this matter please advice me, or contact me,, i am here in Suadi Arabia Right now my contact details. Alam. Mob.+966548165912 whats app,, or mail:
Note: i can fee if i get right answer....

Anonymous   15 August 2018 at 13:45

Bad family & cunning behaviour

How to cancel engagement legally 5 months before marriage ?

Bride's family behave cheap. We have no demands.
We Asked for simple marriage. Engagement over. Simple and cheapest engagement ever seen. Only engagement expense for bride was food and photo. [Not even worth 50k]
We spent [dont want to mention amount] for gold/saree and gave to bride.
Similarly, giving mental pressure to do a cheap marriage as well. We dont want grand marriage, but, they dont discuss with parents about their incapabilities. They tactically say some bits and pieces to me and later inform my parents that i agreed for things, making me Bakra. Bride's family tries to put financial burden on us as well.

On retaliation for above tactics, they complain against us and blaming us. Gives mental pressure.
They can't point out 1 single mistake against us. They say generic statements. No proof.
And Bride's family is cunning & keeping quiet; waiting for us to cancel/take decision. Not willing to talk also.

I'm sure, If I marry her, they will apply for divorce later and demand more money. Spoiling my life.
Please help me on cancelling this engagement.

simran   14 August 2018 at 18:40

Situation with husband

Hello everyone,
I have a situation here and really need tome genuine support and guidance with my current marriage. Let me give you a background in multiple paragraphs since it too complicated for me now. . I come from decent north Indian family where parents have always given us traditional and modern values . But my husband if from Bihar where his whole extended family has directly indirectly taken dowry for their sons. My husband and I met through a matrimonial site an and when we started talking he made me believe that his thinking is not like his extended family and very much believes in respect and equality of everyone.

We got engaged and my husband asked me to invest in a house where we can start living as soon as we get married. I got excited and emotional and hence invested (say he invested 8 lkh and I gave 6 lkh , also 50% emi I give every month and I am the co-owner as well ). but then I noticed a bit of change in his behavior as he asked me money for our honeymoon ( out of 1.6lkh to be spent, he asked me to pay 1 lkh) , which I didnot like since our marriage was about to happen in few months and already i had put my savings in the house. Then too I thought that may be he needs support right now, I was able to give him 50k for the honeymoon.

After we got married, he told me that my family did not give them any thing in tilak and took them for granted and gave nothing like TV , fridge etc ( which as per me is dowry) and fought with me on this. I wasnt able to tell this to anyone because it was hardly a week I as married to him. Then I overheard him telling his uncles that the house we bought has only been bough by him and his dad ( which made me very sad and angry since I had invested all my savings for our house and his family was trying to hide it) .

In parallel, since we had decided that after marriage we will try to move abroad for job and will respect who ever gets it first the other one will come along and try to search the job. By God's grace I got the job first and we decided to move abroad and he also got a job in the meanwhile before we moved to the new place. While we were in India I was handling all the household things , maid etc and he handled just the rent. I tried to help because I thought he would be short of money since we both would have had some responsibilities in our wedding arrangement/shopping etc. But then suddenly he tole me that the about 1 lk of money which I gave him ( out of 6lkh ) for the house , he used to pay his credit card bill for his wedding expenses. This was again alarming for me and we argued and he pointed again that my family did not give them anything .

After a month of time, both of us moved abroad with new jobs where I earn slight more than him .He started asking me money to handle every expense of house saying I have taken some debt from friends and need to return them so you can handle at times the whole expenses . Also he started saying that he needs to save money for his sister's wedding and needs to send some money to his parents and help them buy a home ( which was never told to me before wedding as he had mentioned that everyone is independent and no one is dependent on him). This was alarming for me as he even asked me that for our home we would have to take possession in the coming year and he would need money from me (which was nvr decided between us when we purchased the house. We again argued and he kept on saying your family did not give anything and took us for granted. I was shocked to see his behavior. Then he started forcing me to put min 50% of contributions in all the expenditures and mentally torturing me about the dowry thingy directly indirectly. I do not know what shall I do right now.

I am terrified that what he might have his mind and hence I had reduced giving money for household things after all what happened soon after marriage. But because of so many heated arguments I am trying to put all the efforts to make things right and agreed o give 50% of the total household expenses( rent, travel, food, grocery etc) but then he keeps on making new issues every day, for example saying that you do not give me proper food, he keeps on saying that since you earn more you should give more in everything, as per him I should not think of helping my parents as my inlaws should be my priority, he also says I left India because of you and I do not like my job( though I told him we can go back whenever you want etc). He is also now trying to sell the house we bought (though we do not have the possession yet) but since I mentioned to him that the registration/possession money is something he has to handle he got furious and said that its better we sell it. This is all mental torture to me and I cannot discuss with my parents . Even his parents keep on referring to there other daughter inlaws that they gave this much of dowry or artifacts etc.

Lot of things are verbal communication between us which even if I want to proof in future I might not be able to . But the fact is it is completely a mental torture and I do not know what should I be legally able to do in future if he makes the situation worst.

Sorry its a long post , but I would really appreciate a genuine response and guidance.

Anonymous   11 August 2018 at 09:51


Mere sass Sasur Bahutu he lalchi air Gaali galoch karne vaale log hain. Meri love marriage hui thi isiliye ye Sab mujhe pta nahi tha. Unki demands shaadi ke baad na maanne per unhone mere aur mere pati ke saath bhi galat vavyhaar karne lagge. Mere pati ko peeta aur hume ghar se nikal jaane ko kaha. Mera saara streedhan bhi unhi ke papas hain jaise meri ghar we chadha hua samaan mujhe aur mere pati ko aur mere sasural we Chadha Hua samaan aur muh dikhaike paise vagera. Ab voh humee streedhan nahi de rahe hain unke parivaar vaalo ke bhi samjhane ke baad. Unhone apni factory se mere husband ko bhi nikal diya hain. So ab humme Kay karna chahiye . Court mein case karenge toh kaafi samay lag jaayega. Kya police ya poor women cell isme madat karte hain