Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

susanth nair s   10 September 2008 at 07:26


which is the latest supremecourt ruling withregard to pillionrider's claim for compensation

Vijay Kumar   09 September 2008 at 23:41

engagement as cousel

If a client engages an Advocate, he does it by executing Vakalatnama.

If an Advocate is already conducting a case; and he wants to appoint another Advocate along with him, by what instrument or writing he can make such appoinment?

Member (Account Deleted)   09 September 2008 at 19:21

SCC, AIR, All India Cases

SCC, AIR, All India Cases.....Which one's considered the best and why??

TS Bhatia   09 September 2008 at 12:58

conditionds to work as advocate

What are conditionds to work as advocate in supreme court ?

Shriram   08 September 2008 at 17:26

FCRA Query: Transfer of Immovable Assets

I have a quick query regarding FCRA. Your response is highly appreciated.

I represent a volunteer group called Asha for education [“Asha”] ( that does genuine work in the field of education. We have an FCRA account and used these funds for some building construction in Kanpur for a "school on human values" that ran for a period of time. This school was a 'unit' of Asha itself. (not a different NGO) These funds have been fully utilized more than 10 yrs ago and the 'use certificate' has been audited, submitted and closed.

The people behind the "school on human values" have now formed a separate trust (i.e. separate from Asha) and Asha wishes to let them keep ("donate") the said infrastructure to them to continue their activities independently.

Is it required for this new trust (different from Asha) to also have an FCRA account to be able to take/keep ownership of these immovable assets that were originally funded using foreign funds? The trust will not be receiving any further foreign funds from Asha.

Thanks very much,
Shriram, Pune.

dasd   07 September 2008 at 00:18


while appointing an advocate what papers should be retained by client for it's security b/c some advocates do not return the original acknowledgement of return filed???? pls help

G. ARAVINTHAN   05 September 2008 at 23:38

Credit Card- Loan

'A' - a credit card company offers loan to 'B' a software engineer. Before sanctioning of loan amount, A send a statement of balance statement for which B have to pay first month due.

No details of Sanctioning, employees of A saying that Loan was sanctioned and cheque sent through courier. But on further enquiry A said that cheque returned as no such person in the said address.

But next month B receives another balance statement to pay next month due. On telephonic inquiry, B was not satisfied as employees of A admit the payment of dues by B but whenever A calls of Loan sanctioning, employees saying "Loan under processing".

What is the remedy for B

TS Bhatia   05 September 2008 at 11:35

Consumer price index and inflation

What is consumer price index and how it is calculated ?
How is inflation calculated by Govt. ?

RANJEET   05 September 2008 at 00:18

against recomended grade pay in 6 th pay commission

hi , i am a member of Armed forces and i want to approach court on matter of grade pay.
in brief- i am falling in BB2 but grade pay recomended is 3400 in stead of 4200. my qualification is diploma in electrical engg. my old pay scale is 5120-100-7120.
presently i am in vishakhapatnam ,please provide me details of advocate dealing with military law.

shantilal k. patel   03 September 2008 at 17:33

Public Litigation

The matters affecting PUBLIC LIMITED companies listed on the STOCK EXCHANGES can be challanged on the basis of PUBLIC INTEREST because large number of shareholders are from public?

If yes why?
If no why?

For example; The firm of auditors are
as per the provisions of the companies act 1956. Later on found that partners of the firm are fighting and even one partner has filed criminal case against other partners. They do not talk to each other.Civil cases are also filed among partners.Even bank account was under stop payment intruction by a parnter for two months.
Can P.I.L be filed to restrain such firm of chartered accountants to act as auditors of public limited companies?