LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 15 November 2008 This query is : Resolved 

I want to ask that any amendment in law that girl and boy can stay/living in hotal/home or any relationship exist between them without marry is not illegal.which is presented in parliment. is this law has been passed or not.
SHEKHAR MISHRA (Expert) 15 November 2008
NO,it has not yet been passed by parliament.
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 16 November 2008
At present there is no law in India for live-in relationships.The only law in favour of live in relationship is found in the Evidence Act wherein a long time living together as husband and wife in society has been cosidered as married couple if no specific proof of this marriage exist.The SC in Tulsa & others V.Durghatiya & others has given only a legal presumption in favour of marriage if a man and woman have lived together for a long time and not a legal sanction to live in relationships.
K.C.Suresh (Expert) 17 November 2008
Shine is right. Thank you
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 18 November 2008
I agree with Shine

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query