Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RADHA PYARI SRIPADA   05 August 2008 at 14:01

offence u/s.138

whether personal appearance of the accused be exempted in a criminal case u/s.138, NI Act if the party is attempting to settle the matter in installments and part payment is already made in the court?

advocate satya   05 August 2008 at 13:22

haebus corpus petition

can haebus corpus petition/ or other writ can be filed in supreme court directly as well as in high court also, what is the difference?

advocate satya   05 August 2008 at 13:19

electricity theft

one person is booked for theft of electricity as a electric line was connected from direct line to one of the welding machine, the special court imposed and ordered to pay rs 1 lac to electricity company and the bill / charges given by electric company is rs 8.5 lac , the bail is given to the accused on this condition only that rs 1 lac should be deposited to the electric company, still the trial has not completed.
my question is
1. can special court order of conditional bail prior to completion of trial is fair?
2. is any judgement is there in relevance to this case??
3. can the person go for appeal and under which grounds?
4 any other suggestion.

Anish   05 August 2008 at 12:15

Seeking discharge from service

I am a 26 year old Indian Naval sailor posted at Mumbai...Presently completed 8.5 years in service...My bond is of 20 years which commenced from 05.02.2000 till 2020...When I joined service, I was having a younger brother who was studying in 10th...But due to an accidental death of my brother in Aug 2005, I have become lone child to my parents...Now, I want to go out of service to be with them and moreover the risk associated with my present job is bit high which makes my parents very much uncomfortable making them prone to worries and health probelms...

So, its my humble request that please tell me the legal way of getting discharged from service..Is there any case which is supposed to be put from my side or from my parents side?? and please suggest any lawyer from mumbai who can handle my case...Your help will be highly useful for me...
thanking You,
Anish A Arvindakshan
Mob No: 09867472739

yash doshi   05 August 2008 at 12:07

determination of manufacture?

can anyone tell any case laws(preferrably supreme court) where it has been determined that if excise duty is paid on any product then the company is a manufacturing concern?

Balaram   05 August 2008 at 11:01

Ex-Gratia to a Contract Employee who died

Dear All,

We have a workshop where we have employed a security agency which is paying pf,esi regularly for their guards who safeguard our site.

Unfortunately, recently one Lorry hit resulted into his death ( wall collapsed and fallen on him).

Do we need to pay legally anything to him ?
Those are forcing us to pay 50k /

Please clafify.

Srinivas.B.S.S.T   05 August 2008 at 00:51

Is an applicant under RTI Act is covered under meaning of Consumer in CP Act

Sir If the lower as well the appellate authority fails to comply the provisions can an applicant under RTI Act appraoch consumer forum for redressal of his grievance. Does an applicant under RTI Act comes under the ambit of consumer as per CP Act merely because he paid user charges?

Ambika.S   04 August 2008 at 20:35

permanent lok-adalath


I had filed a case before the permanent Lok-adalath under section 22 of legal service Authority Act.
The said case was for concilliation and settlement of difference against the Reliance Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.

My client was a service provider to the opposite party by a Contract.

The opposite party moved an application for maintainablity of my suit.

The Permanent Lok Adalath has dismissed my case only on the ground of section 5 of arbitration Act.
I want to know that whether section 89 of Civil Proceedure Code be implimented in cases where there is an arbitration clause in a contract and brought to the Adalath as alternate Dispute Resolution in cases in which the parties entering before filing a case in Court?

nitin   04 August 2008 at 17:51


whether a wife who have been divorced on mutual consent of her, on the basis of customary law is entitled for maintence
and if the husband had married again after that divorse

can any of my fellow member send me the latest authority on this point

advocate satya   04 August 2008 at 16:04


how can a case of impersonation be filed if someone sticks a sticker of advocate into his vehicle though he is not an advocate?