LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Anonymous   06 March 2020 at 17:44

Estoppel

In a matter court ordered reinstatement without back wages.Can the workman
join duty and challenge only that part of the order wherein back wages were denied.
In short is it permissible to accept favorable part of the order and challenge the
unfavorable part, or the order has to be accepted or challenged in totality.

continue
Vasudevan   06 March 2020 at 13:55

Ccs pension rule - interest on delayed payment of pension -

Respected Learned Experts,
This is in continuation of my earlier query on interest on delayed payment of pension. The Competent Authority has rejected my claim for interest on delayed payment of pension stating that there is no rule provisions in the CCS Pension Rules. I had suffered a loss of nearly 2 lakhs as TDS deductions on the arrear pension. Had the pension be paid in time, I am not at all need to pay income tax as my total earning would less than 5 lakhs. Since the pension is being paid in arrears for 3 years, I am subjected for 20% Income Tax slab. Whether I am eligible for interest on delayed payment of pension? If so, please inform me the relevant rule provisions. Whether I am eligible for any compensation towards the TDS deductions and for mental agony? As I am preparing to appear before the CAT as party in person, I request kindly to give necessary input in the above stated facts.

continue
GURNOOR KAUR   06 March 2020 at 13:52

Negotiable instruments act

A person announced PO by court under trial of sec 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act , and for attachment of property , will the provisions of cpc will be applicable?

continue
Elango   06 March 2020 at 13:24

Limitation act

deleted for obvious reasons.

continue
Puneet Wadhwa   05 March 2020 at 23:47

Logistics/freight payments

Is there any grievances or any cell to raise the complaint against the exporter who is been default for not payment the freight payments to logistics company for availing the services to send the goods abroad ?? How can we get this in a legal way ??

continue
Anonymous   05 March 2020 at 21:15

Is token amount paid to builder refundable on cancellation

I had booked a flat in Puranik Thane in Feb 2017. We had paid RS 90k as the token amount. The project was supposed to complete by Dec 2018 but it was postponed to Dec 2020 and till Feb 2018 there were no improvement in the project. We were going to do the registration immediately but Puranik's team told us to wait for a month due to stay by court. Later they increased the price of the flat and failed to their price commitment. We asked them to refund us our token amount which they intially agreed after deducting the cancellation charges but now they are denying, saying that it is against their policy. How can we get the refund of token amount ? Is it right if they deduct the cancellation charges from the token amount? What action can be taken in this regard?

continue
Manoj Kumar   05 March 2020 at 21:11

Power of attorney by inmate

Hi!
What is the process of getting a registered power of attorney done by inmates in Uttar Pradesh? Whom should we approach for the permission? Have spoken to the Jail Superintendent but he could not give a clear answer. Should we approach the National Human Rights Commission to direct the Jail Authority and the Registrar to get it done? What is the proper channel? Please guide.

continue
Anonymous   05 March 2020 at 17:47

Rental property

Dear Sir/ Madam
Firstly i am really ashamed to even ask this question from you all.
My father who is 80 years old is going to rent out one of our floors. He is the legal Owner of the property while at his age, i manage all the documentation. I would be getting this rent agreement registered in court with the tenants that are yet to take possession. May my father have a long life but I am very worried as my father has not yet created any will and he is really ageing.
My question is regarding the rent agreement with the tenant. Can we add a clause in the rent agreement that states that, in event of any unforeseen demise of the owner, the rent should by the tenant should be paid to me, till the time the legal heir's are settled ?
Thanks and Regards
Ravi

continue
Anonymous   05 March 2020 at 13:59

Merger

can partnership firm be taken over by private company?what is the procedure?how about its valuation?

continue
Mehta   05 March 2020 at 13:06

Submission of nomination form for flat in housing society

I have filed an Appeal with Dy. Registrar of Housing society, Mumbai regarding Deemed Membership under section 22(2) of Maharashtra Cooperative Society Act. 1960. Appeal is pending.

At this stage, can I file Nomination Form with the society ? Will it create any complication as far as Appeal is concerned ? Please advise.

continue