25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous   14 July 2020 at 20:53

Non payment of maintenance charges


I would like to know if in an Apartments few residents do not pay monthly maintenance and continue to be in default even after notices. I understand that RWA can not disconnect electricity / water etc.

Can RWA discontinue their services which originate out of maintenance like
opening In gate / Out gate by the security guards (let he himself come out of car and open)
Guards calling such residents when guests arrive.
Not providing power back up etc
Services of electrician and plumber employed by the society
or any other services.


P. Venu   14 July 2020 at 16:28

Presumption of death based on section 108 of t evidence act

An agreement has finalised for purchase of 15 cents of land and advance of Rs. 5 lakhs have been made. The property belonged to the late mother. Father had predeceased her. Two sons and two daughters are the legal heirs. Of this, one son went missing more than thirty years ago. In a civil action filed by the son, the Munsiff court has declared the presumption of death of the missing son based on the provisions of Section 108 of the Evidnce Act and has held his share in the property to be partible among the other siblings. Accordingly, the Court has issued the preliminary decree as to the share of the remaining legal heirs. Based on the preliminary decree, the revenue records have been mutated in their names. The agreement is jointly with all of them and the conveyance deed is to be executed by them jointly.

However, the Banks, who have been informally consulted, have expressed their inability to sanction any loan against the property. They are apprehensive that the missing son may return and claim his share. How the Banks and their legal advisors could be convinced of the finality and certainty of the decree? Are there any decided cases?

Anonymous   14 July 2020 at 16:28

एक ही शिकायत को चार विभाग को भेजने पर चार जगह पर पड़ताल बाबत

मै एक आर टी आई एक्टिविस्ट हु . मेरे द्वारा जनहित के कार्य की खबरे देश के सबसे बड़े न्यूज़ चैनल जी न्यूज़ पर भी आ चुकी है . मै कई सरकारी विभागों में भ्रष्टाचार का पर्दाफास भी क्र चुका हु लेकिन इस सभ करने के कारण मेरे कई दुश्मन भी बन चुके है . अब वो मेरी शिकायत चार अलग अलग विभागो में क्र चुके है की मै आर टी आई द्वारा उन्हें तंग व परेशान कर रहा हु ,जिसका कोई सबूत उन्होंने पेश नही किया है सिर्फ मेरे द्वारा लगाई गई आर टी आई की कॉपी सिर्फ उन्होंने शिकायत के साथ अटैच की है . मेरी इन्क्वायरी चारो विभागों ने शुरू कर दी है . जिसमे एक मेरा खुद का सरकारी विभाग है क्योकि मै एक अध्यापक हु . एक पुलिस की तरफ से है . एक जिला कलेक्टर का दफ्तर है व एक तहसील दफ्तर है . तो क्या एक ही शिकायत की पड़ताल चार विभागों द्वारा की जा सकती है ? क्या इसके लिए मै अदालत में कोई रेमेडी ले सकता हु ? क्या मै अपनी शिकायतों को क्लब करवा सकता हु ? इस बाबत यदि की अदालत की रूलिंग है तो क्रप्या जरुर बताए , आपके मार्गदर्शन की जरूरत है क्योकि मुझे आपकी साईट से कई बार सहायता मिली है

Anonymous   14 July 2020 at 12:14


Dear experts,
I am a working manager in a factory, one of the workmen died at his own negligence, for proof, there is a CCTV footage, I went to the police station of jurisdiction to register FIR the police charged me Rs50,000 to log FIR.

1. Is FIR chargeable?
2. What were other alternatives for me when the police refused me to log FIR without paying 50,000?

Anonymous   13 July 2020 at 22:51

Crpc 156(3)

Dear sir

i get order under section 156(3) of Crpc from judicial magistrate, but the concern police officer not investigate morethan 3 months because the accuseds person a political influence, so police officer hesitating to inquiry and investigation, so what will do next step ? can i file a petition same section to judicial magistrate ? pls clarify me.

Anonymous   13 July 2020 at 20:09

Abbreviated name in educational certificates

Sir my father's name is printed as M M RAO in all my educational certificates while all my other documents carry the name as Madala Madhava Rao will it create problem during document verification of government jobs?
Please give your suggestions.

Anonymous   13 July 2020 at 13:48

Notary register

I want a 25 year old document from Notary register for a specific date for my court case.
I know all the details of the notary person.



Anonymous   13 July 2020 at 12:00

Plot size less than sold by dealer


I recently purchased a plot from a dealer. It is now registered against my name. (including Intekaal/Mutation).

The plot dimensions are per registry are 33 x 55 feet (with 24 ft wide roads on front and right side)

I noticed during laying of the foundation of the dimensions of the plot is 1 feet less on the front (i.e 33x54) and i reported this to the dealer. He is saying to include the road 1 feet in the front (which seems to be illegal) and he is not ready to pay back the amount.

At the time of measurement, i did not check the dimensions of the road and he had showed me 33x55 size plot but which might have covered the road at that time.. leaving the front road to be 23 feet wide instead of 24 ft.

Can somebody help me and point me in right direction. What could be done in this regard?


Ishwar Dutt   13 July 2020 at 10:36

Opening a foundation for free education and medical services

Dear All,

Greetings! Hope all are in good health.

I am writing to know about opening a foundation for helping poor people in terms of free education and medical services. We are a team of 3 people and want to establish a foundation in Uttarakhand (near Almora Dist.) for the mentioned cause. I have some questions as mentioned below:-

1. How to open a foundation? What are the legal formalities? What is the website or particular process to get it done?
2. If possible, how to get free/concessional land in above mentioned area to initiate this noble work?
3. Do we have to go Dehradun (capital of UK) or it can be done with in Almora District ?
4. Any other suggestions if you want to give us.

Kindly guide me on above concerns and I will be thankful to you.

Thanks for reading my message.

With best regards

Ishwar Dutt

aman   12 July 2020 at 18:38

Property rights

We are two brothers ..my father has divided his property between us by registerd will..i have sold my share with my father’s consent and purchased a new plot on my name , map is also passed on my name ..now i want to do construction on that plot by taking loan..my father is agreed that he will pay emi for that loan ..my question is if my father pays emi for my construction from his account ,can my brother or his son make a right on that property in future??


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query