Rights of son on mothers property

My grandmother has a son and a daughter. I’m the son of her son. My grandfather purchased a land in the name of my grandmother. My grandmother registers whole property to her daughters son leaving me and my father with nothing. Do I have any legal right on that property?
My grandfather passed away.

K RajasekharanOnline (Expert)

You have absolutely no legal right on the property. She had every right to use or transfer the property as she wanted to have.

PARDEEP KUMAR Online (Expert)

Fully agree, with reply of brother K. Rajasekharan.

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)

Do I have any legal right on that property?

None

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)

The property is self acquired property of your grandmother. So she can transfer property as per her wish. You have no right over the property.

Your grand mother was absolute owner of property so she had every right to transfer the property as per her wish and during her life She transferd the property to her daughter and daughter's son is completely legal and valid.you and your father have no any right to challenge said transfer.

Can you prove that the property purchased by your grandfather was from common family funds and there was no independent source of income /savings of your grandmother ?
If so, the property can be termed as "Benami" and you can have a claim.
It is better to consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts and circumstances of the case, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

The property was in the name of grandmother. She was its absolute owner in the capacity of self acquired property owner. She had right to transfer / sell / gift / mortgage it to any one.

In the given situation you or your father have no right in the said property.

No. You have no rights over the self-acquired property of your grandmother.

You certainly have no right in the property. What is the stand of your father as to his mother making over the property to his sister?

×

IPC Grand Course     |    x