LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sale of flat

(Querist) 25 August 2017 This query is : Resolved 
I am the first holder and my wife is the second holder of my flat in Mumbai. Because of no source of income I wish to sell my flat and buy another in another location in Mumbai. My wife has a source of income and she's not allowing me to sell the flat. Can I sell the flat without her consent? Thank you.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 25 August 2017
No,unless both of you agree to sell,h´┐Żuse can not be sold.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 25 August 2017
Flat can be sold with the consent of both.

Discuss with local lawyer to explore the possibility whether you can sell your undivided half share or not?
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 26 August 2017
No! you cannot sell the property without her consent as the flsat property is in joint names.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 26 August 2017
If you appreciate the above answer please click the like button.
Adv. Yogen Kakade (Expert) 26 August 2017
You have an undivided share in the property.. and the property being a flat, it is not going to easy to sell your part share.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 26 August 2017
Agreed with experts................
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 27 August 2017
Nothing more to add, I fully agree with expert, you will have to obtain consent of your wife for selling her share in the flat.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 27 August 2017
If you do not like to submit your "thanks" or "gratitude" to the experts for devotion of their time and effort to advise you FREE of cost, do not press any button except for someone "impersonating" expert.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query