Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cheated by cousin

(Querist) 14 May 2013 This query is : Resolved 

Dear Sir,

I am Vijay... my query is I've given my cousin some 10Lakh rupees (at different stages) for transport business. As per his saying he knows a man who runs taxi service in different companies and govt institutes. In first I paid for 1 car for which he paid me timely. By the completion of 1 year I paid him for 5 another cars. According to him all the cars are used. after one year he started delaying payment telling the payment is not received from the companies. Slowly the payment stops. By the time he kept me saying that cars are being sold.. money is received... paper work is pending in authority...blah blah. Whenever I asked him for the papers of the car he ignored my questions. I blindly trusted him this is my mistake.

Now he is saying he has never purchased any car there is nobody who does this business.

In the meantime I've lost my mother due to an accident. My mother suffered 4 days in a govt hospital. Even though he did not tell me the truth.
Nadeem Qureshi (Expert) 14 May 2013
Dear Vijay
What do you want from us?
where is your query?
Rajeev Kumar (Expert) 14 May 2013
Dear querist, What do you want from us? Where is your query? Which legal remedy you want to know from us?
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 14 May 2013
Whether your transaction was on papers? What was source of your payment?

You can file a police complaint for cheating against your cousin.
R.K Nanda (Expert) 14 May 2013
state full facts.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 14 May 2013
Mr. Nanda has correctly asked the facts.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 14 May 2013
regardless of that far as to what is your query and what facts you have. he fact is that you are not getting the money given on unsecured credit.
Vijay (Querist) 15 May 2013
My querry is can I file legal case against my cousin. I made him payments by cheques and he also made me payment by cheques. But I don't have any documents relating to the business.
ajay sethi (Expert) 15 May 2013
issue him legal notice . mention that cheques were given to him for carrying on business . that he had received rs 10 lakhs by cheque . that he has failed to repay said amount . ask him to make payment within 15 days . then file summary suit for recovery of rs 10 lkahs .
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 15 May 2013
consult nearest lawyer for the notice as advised.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 17 May 2013
Even if the payment was made through cheques, even then without documents/written agreement, you have little chance of success but even then do as already advised.
prabhakar singh (Expert) 18 May 2013
No more to add

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query