LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can a daughter fight for share in her fathers property after her marriage

(Querist) 25 January 2015 This query is : Resolved 
My 2 sisters got married in year 2000. Can they fight for share in my fathers property? Do they have any right now?
Guest (Expert) 25 January 2015
Is your father alive?
ajay sethi (Expert) 25 January 2015
on demise of your father all children have equal share in property if your father did not leave any will
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 25 January 2015
Rightly advised by Mr Sethi
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 26 January 2015
Agree with the expert ajay sethi.
Guest (Expert) 26 January 2015
Dear Author,In the Question of Senior Advocate and Senior Expert Mr.P.S.Dhingra Your Answer would Rely.
Anirudh (Expert) 26 January 2015
I completely agree with the views of Mr. Ajay Sethi.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 26 January 2015
Agreed with experts.
The author should reply for further response.
ramesh (Querist) 27 January 2015
Sir, My father is alive.
(sorry for the late reply)
Guest (Expert) 27 January 2015
Your basic query is quite premature. where is the problem for you even if your sisters fight for their share in your father's property, when your father is alive? Even you cannot claim any share now or during the whole of your father's life time, what to say of your sisters to have any right before his death. Your father can dispose of his property in any manner he likes during his life time even without asking you or any of your sisters.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 28 January 2015
If it is not ancestral property, the fight by your sisters claiming share in your father's self acquired property is mere waste of time, money and energy.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 28 January 2015
Once again, agreed with experts.
SAINATH DEVALLA (Expert) 21 February 2015
Dear Ramesh,

If it is your father's self acquired no one can claim till he is alive.If it is ancestral property every one has equal share irrespective of gender.Your father and can do as he likes with his self acquired property, n U cannot stop him from doing so.Hence don't bother about UR sister's shares right now.If U are ill adviced by others U will be unnecessarily complicating things

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query