LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Queries Participated

Sanjay Kumar   03 September 2020 at 02:51

Miss spelled name in e stamp used for sale deed registration

Hi Experts,
A sale deed was registered with correct buyer name. The e stamp used for payment of the stamp duty was purchased by the seller. Seller name is correct in the e stamp. But in the buyer name ( second party) there is a typo error. One letter is stead of ....DA.. its mentioned as ....AD..

Sub register officer had verified and used/locked the e stamp for the sale deed registration. Obviously he has missed to see the wrong spelling in the e stamp.

My query is , given the registration is done and sub registration officer has used the e stamp for the same, does this spelling mistake in e stamp still poses any risk. Is this registration would be considered valid. If not what are the options to make it valid. Can a rectification deed be executed for a spelling error in e stamp used for sale deed registration. Please suggest. Thanks.

Anonymous   29 August 2020 at 16:48


If anyone has purchased a property in someone else name (BENAMI PROPERTY) and the person from whose name property is brought, occupied the land and refuse to vacate.

can the Benami property holder, go to court for eviction of land in this case?

What law says in this situation?

Anonymous   28 August 2020 at 18:09

Sale of property of person of unsound mind

A person of unsound mind have agriculture land in his name. what procedure should be followed for management and sale of his property ?

Rajeev kulshreshtha   20 September 2015 at 16:21

Discharge of loan

A person taken a loan from bank on his agriculture pendency of loan person died and his half share of land mutated in the name of her daughter in law on basis of WILL .Now the daughter in law wants to repay the loan in share which she get but the bank is not ready and demanding whole loan amount and failing which threaten to auction the whole land. My question is that if the act of bank is legal and can daughter in law file any suit for restricting bank to sell her share?

Rajeev kulshreshtha   26 November 2014 at 20:43

Challange to compromise decree

Can a compromise decree of specific performance of contract can be challenged by third person whose share has also decreed in compromise by the court?

Rajeev kulshreshtha   05 October 2013 at 16:21

Release deed

Two brother A & B having two plotes of joint ownership. They made a partion of two plots in form of taking one-one plot.after the partion B executed a registered release deed of his half share one plat in favoure of A but A does not executed any document.Now both A & B have expired. after the death now the heirs of A filed a suit for partion relating to the plot which came into share of B claiming equal right. Now my question is that at present when the Heirs of A has refused the partion than what will be the position of Releass deed executed by B.Can we challange that Release Deed in court if yes please tell the grounds also.

Rajeev kulshreshtha   26 March 2012 at 22:33

Sale of property during pend ency of appeal

We filed a suit for declaration & Partition against Father claiming the property ancestral.The suit was dismissed by lower court and we have filed an Appeal before appellate court.We have got stay order in favour of appellant also. The respondent has sold the entire land in pend ency of appeal. My query is that what action we can take against the respondent and purchaser?

CreateGoodwill   26 March 2012 at 17:26

Ni 138 case

one of my dealer has given chq for 1.50L

when same was deposited... it got ret with remarks " ACCOUNTS CLOSED"

can i file NI 138 case against this

Rajeev kulshreshtha   27 February 2012 at 19:51

Contempt of court act

We have filed a contempt application U/s 12 Contempt Act in Munsif Court. Other party objecting it on the ground of jurisdiction of Hon'ble High Court. Please guide that if it can be tried by Munsif Court Or Not. If not what steps we should take in that situation?

Anonymous   02 February 2012 at 21:08

Muslim law

If a deserted Muslim wife claim share in her husbands property. if yes what share she will get in the property of her husband.

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query