LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Queries Participated

Member (Account Deleted)   27 December 2014 at 16:42

Approximate time to come judgment in civil case

Dear Sir/ Madam,
I like to file a civil suit for claiming my share in ancestral property by Hindu amendment act -2005. May I know how long it will take (approximate time limit) to come judgment? Please give your valuable advice.

Sujatha Raguram

ASHISH MUNDHRA   27 December 2014 at 14:59

Want to form a company


Saurabh Kumar Singh   19 December 2012 at 11:23

Epfo circular 30.11.12

Dear Experts,

as per circular dated 30.11.12 the EPFO suggested issued Guidelines for Quasi-judicial proceedings under Section 7A of the Employees'Provident Funds & Miscellaneous Provisions Act 1952.

now they also suggested
SPLITTING OF WAGES - Basic wages by its own definition encompasses all the payments except the specified exclusions. All such allowances which are ordinarily, necessarily and uniformly paid to the employees are to be treated as part of the basic wages. The confusion in definition of wages (and hence the issue of splitting of wages) primarily arises from the expression "commission or any other similar allowance payable to the employee" in Section 2(b) (ii) of the Act as "commission" and "any other similar allowance" are read as two separate expressions and hence "any other allowance" is read as an omnibus exclusion, thereby encouraging the subterfuge of splitting of wages to exclude the PF liabilities. The expression "commission or any other similar allowance payable to the employee" is one continuous term meaning commission or any other "commission" like allowance by whatever nomenclature referred. Thus "basic wages" is subject to exclusions expressly referred to in the above definition and no other.

kindly suggest as a company we have to go with reconstruction to basic wages or not.

All suggest future compliance action to safeguard our interest before EPDO in light of new circular.

jay chaturvedi   25 November 2012 at 08:56

Temple trust

Hi i want to make a temple trust. plz explain me about it

swaroop   21 November 2012 at 22:58

Leave and license agreement

1. What can be the maximum period of leave and license agreement for commercial shop?

2. which law regulates such "Term/Period" of leave and license?

Amit R Kumar   21 November 2012 at 14:46

Gram panchayat land in gurgaon

hi kindly let me know that our client is planning to buy a land in gurgaon which has been given as gift to the current owner of the land for constructing hospital, DM has also given his consent in writing, clu has also done by huda. hospital is made under a trust. now that trust is planning to transfer this trust and the rights of the land to our principal company which belongs to healthcare industry. so i just want to know, is it legal for going ahead for this deal? kindly guide me. thanks

Member (Account Deleted)   18 November 2012 at 16:29


Q)my father got self- earned house of my grandfather through family settlement done between all legal heirs of my grand grandfather died without making any will.settlement deed /partion deed is duly queries are as under-
1)does this house is ancestral/self acquired for my father?
2)can my son claim on this house?

3)if my father does not give any thing to me even than can my son claims any right over it?
4) i have two married sisters also
The main reason of putting this queries is that my wife and son are seprated from me and my wife and her family are in impression that after my son attains 18 yrs he can claim on that house bcos it is ancestral property of his grandfather directly

Shumaila Altaf   18 November 2012 at 12:42


I had filed a suit for declaration and permanent injunction while i was in possession. the suit was decreed in my favour. the court passed an exparte decree declaring me as the owner and restraining the defendants from interfering with my peaceful possession. now after the decree, the defendants forcibly dispossessed. what remedy do I have???

Vinod Kumar   15 November 2012 at 16:55

Accident query

Respected Sir,
My brother in law & his wife both died in a Bullet motorcycle accident one month before without a driving licence.Both are employed in Govt. Job.He is the only son of my Father in Laws.My deceased brother in laws has taken a policy in his name but insurance company is telling us to to deposit all other formalities along with Driving License.We have no Driving License so now what will happen if we failed to produce a valid licence.
My brother in laws was serving in police & on the occasions of 26th Jan & 15 August he was performing the stunt in motorcycle for which he got appreciation letter from the police department.Kindly suggest me the consequences in that case.How to settle the both claim from Insurance company.The Motorcycle was fully insured.Waiting for your reply kindly help me.....

Member (Account Deleted)   25 June 2012 at 23:46

Divorce on cruelty and maintenance

Divorce case is running on in the court on the basis of cruelty. I am paying monthly maintenace to her.
Can I make physical relation with her at her present staying place ?
After divorce also can I make physical relation with her because court will guide to pay mothly maintenace to her till she die.
If cruelty proved then also I have to pay maintenance?

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query