LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vs   31 March 2008 at 12:23

false blame of dowry and harassment by bride

Dear knowledgeable persons,
With due respect I want to inform u about my elder brother “D” and my mother to whom the wife of my elder brother is giving a lot of harassment/tensions.
Actually my elder brother ‘D’(belongs to U.P.) got married in Feb. 2007 with a girl of another distt. of U.P. (Arranged marriage)
At that time my brother was working in a private sector company in uttarakhand.. took some days leave for marriage purpose.
D’s wife was living in D’ s Native place after marriage.
Within two or three months ‘D’ made some trips towards home. Then D selected in Railway Deptt. ,Gujarat. Then I came to know that in that couple there is no relationship from beginning. she did not allowed to even touch her to my brother.
As more as I know that his wife used to talk on mobile late night by any person. When my brother asked her about it she escaped the matter. Without any cause she was blaming my well cultured brother and my mother about many false matters..
She used to do drama on phone while telephone to her family members and relatives saying that she is suffering from many troubles given by our family( as lie blame about dowry, etc.)
As more as I know ---she was not interested in my brother and she did not allowed to even touch her to my brother.
Then after 3-4 months of marriage after doing drama type activities,she went to her home side.
At there home side she made many blames/ lie stories about her harassment in sasural to her relatives.
In July –August (not 100% sure) she came to our home with her Mama ji after a long discussion.
But when my brother ‘D’ came to our home, she re-started drama type activities.
And called to many of her relatives to make an undue pressure upon us. She was telling repeatedly that she does not want to live here. Then her relatives returned back with her.

Near about Diwali ( about Nov. 2007) my brother and our some gentle relatives after a polite discussion on phone from her, went to bring her at our home.
But when they reached there, she started again drama type unexpected activities and refused to go with them. Whole night our side relatives made humble request to her but she denied.
My brother returned back to my home(U.P.), then went to Gujarat where his training was going on.
After a long discussion on phone her relatives with her went directly to Gujarat.
Then they called my brother alone at the hotel where they stayed.
When my brother reached there, after dinner with polite discussion , as soon as my brother reached at his wife’s room, she cried and called her relatives and blamed my brother that he is beating her and trying to kill her. She was weeping dramatically. And her side relatives abused my brother. My Brother could not understand their Pre-planning. My brother then telephone to our relatives and at our home. Our family members became very tensed about my brother As it was a night time and my brother was alone there.
Then D’s wife returned to her home in U.P. with her relatives and still there.
Actually I (D’ s younger brother) from his marriage time, living in Delhi, doing my training here. So it was the matter which I got know on phone.
It was the matter that as much as I know.
Not sure but it seems that D’s wife is due to any reason (may be of her love with another person or blackmailing or another, not sure) is trying to live apart and at only her home side.
Right now the situation is that she(D’s wife) is trying to blame my mother and brother and other family members. And doing all type of activities to do emotionally black mail to her relatives. She is blaming about my brother and mother about demand of a huge amount of dowry. And saying to all that my mother and brother (D) gave her many mental and physical harassment.
It seems that D’s wife side intention is to torture D and his family members and take money as much as possible. And it seems she is not ready to mutual consent divorce.
It also seems that bride side has not take

davinder   28 March 2008 at 17:43

domestic violence act

can a female be respondent under domestic v. act.

vanitha   27 March 2008 at 13:14

Need Divorce

I got love marriage in a temple(only boy's family members and my friends came) in the year 24.06.2005.after marriage both our parents accepted and i was living in the boy's house...my father bought me all the necessary household things(fridge tv washing machine etc) and also gave money every month.boy is having drinking and smoking habit....from the time of marriage the boy dint settle in any proper job,even if he got salary he spent only for himself..i went for job and mostly depended on my parents only(im the only child to my parents).on june 25.06.2006 my father conducted a anniversary reception function inviting both side members and friends....by august 2006 i got conceived and by may 12 2007 i gave birth to a girl baby....for non of the aspects the boy or the boy's family took responsibiliy of my self or my daughter....but they r forcing me i have to live with that boy,wherein that boy is not taking proper care of me and daughter,whatever money he is getting he is just spending for drinking.not earning,used to scold in bad words after drinking and personally hurted..he has also used bad words about my parents.....
im no more willing to live with him,cos i feel if i continue to live with him im getting mental torture as well afraid of bringing up my daughter in as good manner...
suggest me how shall i apply for divorce...

Deepak Rikhari   27 March 2008 at 12:37

Change of Religion for Marriage only

Please tell me that if a person changed his religion only for another marriage then can he do so? Is it legal? For example a hindu man converted himself for Muslim only to do more marriages.

Kalpesh   27 March 2008 at 11:01

Marriage registraion

Could any one please let me know how to register marriage ?

Rajesh   26 March 2008 at 20:21

release from a forced marriage

a girl is married forcefully to someone. she is not allowed to go outside the in laws, as she wants to marry some one else. its been 11 months. how can she be lawfully be released from this marriage? kindly help

satish verma   26 March 2008 at 19:57

Maintenance of child.

A man marries a lady whose husband has died. There starts problem with them. Now lady files maintenance claim against husband and her daughter who was born out of consummation of marriage with erstwhile husband.
Whether the daughter from first husband is entitled for maintenasnce u/s 125 cr. p. c from the person who is not her father.

Sumit Deb   25 March 2008 at 15:56

Cousin Marriage

I am a 30-year-old Bengali Hindu Kayastha man and by profession, a Software Engineer. For the past 7 years, I am having an affair with my cousin sister, and now intend to marry her soon.
She is the only daughter of my father's elder sister. She is now 39 years old, and working in a private organization as an office assistant. To be precise, I am 8 years & 8 months younger to her.

Our custom doesn't allow marriages between cousins.

In view of the above, please let me know :

1. whether I can marry her under Special Marriage Act, 1954,

2. if YES, whether there will be any other legal complication related to our marriage.

3. if NO, which process can be followed for our marriage to be legal & valid.

Gururja Rao   24 March 2008 at 14:11

Marriage- divorce

Hi all,
one"X" performed love marriage three years back at Aryasamaj,concealing the same with both the parants, since other members of girl family to be get married,and both are living separatly in their respective houses from the date of marriage. after two years the other members of girl family got married,but thereafter the parents of girl after coming to know about her marriage with "X" not willing to send her to his place inspite of her wish, and threating him with dire consequences, therafter "X" lodged a complaint before concern P.S but since the concern S.H.O under influence did not lodged any complaint and sent him stating to settle the matter amicably, now the parents of the girl changed their address and the boy does not know whereabout of the girl, in such circumstances what can be done by "X"? kindly advise me .

Kishan L. Agarwal   23 March 2008 at 01:07

Trust by Will

A man of 72 years wants to make a will giving all his belongings all moveable in Trust for public or private benefit but not to his heirs. Is it possible? If so, Pl advice the probable draft.