Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VIKAS GARG   21 April 2008 at 13:10

Indian Penal Code, 1860

Could any body explain how illustration given under exception 5 of section 300 of IPC matches with Text of that exception?

abc   21 April 2008 at 00:50

domestic violence act

Is the maintenance sought for by the wife under domestic violence act governed by section 125CRPC i.e if the wife is professionally qualified & can mantain herself, is she still entitled to maintenance & residence rights under Domestic Violence act.

Saleesh.A.A   19 April 2008 at 11:45

Stolen property

I am working in gold laon finance company
i want to know the rules regaring acceptance of theft gold as pledge my questions are

1. Some of the police officeres were not ready to issue seizure receipts while they are taking the gold

2. whether it is possible to file claim pettition in this regard in the court

Ashish M   18 April 2008 at 12:21

list of service providers.......`

could u pls provide me the list of, or otherwise any web link through which can get the list of, various service providers registered under Sec.10 of the Domestic violence act, 2005.

Jithendra.H.J   17 April 2008 at 21:05

Dowry Harrassement

as per the recent judgments of the many Hon'ble high courts and our Hon'ble Apex court, offence under section 498A of Cr.P.C and section 4,5,6 of Dowry Prohibjtion Act are should be made compoundable and the high courts allowed the accused and the wife to compromise the matter and quashed the FIR, kindly refer the cases
reported in 1) II (2004) DMC 76 bombay
2) II (2005) DMC 412 Raj
3) 1(2005) DMC 232
4) 1(2005) DMC 311 SC

is there any judgements to show that even the magistrate can allow the compromise petition and permit the parties to compound the matter?

Rajaram C Iyer   17 April 2008 at 20:59

Abatement of criminal case in case of death of the accussed.

Please indicate the section in Cr.PC or IPC which relates to abatement of criminal case in case of death of the accussed.

Ashish M   17 April 2008 at 19:32

Domestic voilence - could u pls help???

The other day i went to a women cell with my friend to report the domestic violence she is suffering at home bcoz of her younger brother. She used to work day and night and when she comes home, all she has to bear is her brother's physical and mental abuse. he used to beat her, abuse her mentally, raising questions at her dignity.
He is physic from mind as he was weak in his studies and since he couldn't do anything in his life, he used to alligate his mother, father and sister for his state. He harms them all physically and mentally. since, his father and mother are very old and they have the only sister who is actually working, there always remain tension at home. this boy don't hve anything to do and just sit at home the whole day and when sister is out at work, just to beat her old mother.
They tried to admit him at some mental hospital but the hospital says that he has to brought to the hospital and some male member has to be with him round the clock. The family has only father, mother, the younger brother(problem), and the sister (who is working). and nobody to help them. he has a robust body due to which nobody could even defend him/herself from him. its a far thing to "take" him to hospital. hence it has become difficult to even hospitalise him. in case we will go to police to report, they may ask for the proof of his such state, the unavailability of which could possibly weak our case.
No relative or neighbour is ready to intervene and help them.
When he crossed all the limits by beating his father, mother and sister severely that day for no reason other than his own lunacy, we decided to report it to the women cell.
But when we approached their, they, at the face denied our application by saying that women cells are only for those women who are exploited at their in-laws or by husband.
women cell can't help those women who face exploitation at their home by any of their own family member (brother or any lineal ascendent or descendent of her only family).
does the domestice voilence act protect only a married women against their in-laws? r women cell made only to protect women from in-laws or husband or any member related to the husband.
I got distressed hearing such a fact. when he said he can't do anything.
Domestic violence act defines 'domestic relatonship' to include a relation in the nature of 'consanguinity' or a 'family member living togather as joint family'..
could u pls help me out and my friend & tell me any legal help she can get for this.???

vinod bansal   16 April 2008 at 21:18

dying declaration

what is impact of non examination in court during a trial of a person(doctor/police officer/magistrate)who recorded dying declaration.

N.R.Kaushik   16 April 2008 at 05:31

to know about 498-A

I know that 498-A is not a compoundable offence,but this section is being compounded with the help of sc decision,can u guide me which decision is that?

vinod bansal   15 April 2008 at 21:58

dishonour of cheque

I want to know whether compensation awarded by a crl. court in a case us. 138 ni act is similar to fine or not.plz let me know any latest judgment of apex court in this regard.


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query