Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atharva Upadhye   23 May 2022 at 13:01

Flat sale aggrement extension

We are trying to buy old flat in bangalore. we signed sale aggrement but it seems like we will not be able to register property before sale aggrement date.
Do we need to get extension document for this ? Also does this extension document needs to be notarized ?

Anonymous   30 April 2022 at 03:43

Power of attorney (poa)

Question 1. What is the validity of POA (made in Delhi), which does not have any clause/ condition stating its end date? Example If POA made in completed (stamp papers, duly signed etc.) in Jan 2022, can this be used in Jan 2025 (three years later) ?

Question 2. If the POA has been made outside of India then " it should be stamped and adjudicated within three months after receipt in India." What does this mean, as an additional Indian stamp papers need to be bought (depending upon which state)? . Request if the process is explained and then how long will it be valid?

Kunal Naik   25 April 2022 at 09:26

Digital franking done documents validity

Till when is the Digitally franking done documents valid up to?

shyam lal   17 April 2022 at 19:28


It is well understood that when one hires a Advocate to pursue a court case .a vakalatnama has to be signed in the advocates favour.
Query ....does this same apply for a Lawyer just to send or answer to a Legal notice?

Anonymous   15 April 2022 at 16:14

Rules governing change of name of land revenue records in ap

My father-in-law died intestate and he owns some lands in Andhra Pradesh which are ancestral in nature. The family member certificate issued by Tehsildar / MRO reflects deceased person's wife and two daughters name. The family members approached the concerned Tehsildar / MRO for change of revenue records in the joint names of three persons whose name appear in FMC but the Tehsildar is stating that he will transfer the Record of Right (ROR) / Patta only in the name of deceased's wife leaving out the two daughters.
Whether Tehsildar is in order in stating that?
Whether the deceased's wife will be able to sell the subject property without the knowledge of two daughters if in case such name transfer takes place in ROR exclusively in her name. Please clarify.

rakesh   14 April 2022 at 19:04

Partition deed

my legal case is going on in court,my step brother has submitted xerox copy of my father partion deed of 1981,the xerox is not readable as the judge asked for original his advocate replied that the deed is misplaced/ pls guide me what steps can i take.

Anonymous   11 April 2022 at 15:40

Dispute resolving clause in an agreement

The respected senior experts
In case of agreement between our company and outsider, Arbitration Clause was normally inserted to settle any dispute.

Board of our company takes a decision that instead of going for settlement by Arbitration the company have to approach to the civil court . So in future there will be no Arbitration Clause.

I drafted the undermentioned clause which may be inserted in place of Arbitration Clause.

Now my query before the honourable senior experts that is the undermentioned clause is sufficient to refer any dispute before any Court of Kolkata including money Suit?


Regards Abhijit

shyam lal   06 April 2022 at 19:28

Rent agreement

Land lord and tenant enter into a rental agreement in writing on ₹50 stamp paper for period of 11 months where in it is agreed upon rent to be paid in advance on the 1st day of every month.
The situation is the land lord takes cash only and does not give any receipts for the same.
Query what after 11 months the land lord asks to pay the entire rent as there is no proof payment.
What is way out in such a situation? Can the rent agreement be show to him that rent has been always paid in advance will this move be sufficient to stop him in his wrong intentions.

SS Prasad   16 March 2022 at 09:11

Hand written terrace right on power of attorney

In multi dwelling private building I bought the top floor. The precondition of this was that the I must be given the terrace right. On power of attorney and irrevocable will it is hand written that power of attorney constitutes with terrace right. I have built a temporary dwelling unit with hollo pipes, cement board and Metro sheet. Is it OK as per MCD bylaws.

Anonymous   11 March 2022 at 02:00

Mortgage deed and agreement to sale

Dear Experts,
Here is my query presented point wise as
1) My uncle has entered into registered agreement to sale with the owner, as the buyer of an apartment.
2) He then mortgaged the said apartment via registered mortgage deed, with the bank for home loan.
3) He had paid the mortgage money (home loan) and the bank is OK with the issuance of NOC.
*Please note that bank has given the loan on Reg. agreement to sale only and there exists NO Sale Deed for the apartment.

My query, how to nullify the charge created by reg mortgage deed. Reconveyance, possible? As there exist no title deed (sale deed for reconyance), is it possible for the bank to reconvey the mortgaged property?
If there exists any way out to clear off the charge of mortgage from the apartment, which was agreed to be purchased by my uncle, please guide.