LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumit Deb   25 March 2008 at 15:56

Cousin Marriage

I am a 30-year-old Bengali Hindu Kayastha man and by profession, a Software Engineer. For the past 7 years, I am having an affair with my cousin sister, and now intend to marry her soon.
She is the only daughter of my father's elder sister. She is now 39 years old, and working in a private organization as an office assistant. To be precise, I am 8 years & 8 months younger to her.

Our custom doesn't allow marriages between cousins.

In view of the above, please let me know :

1. whether I can marry her under Special Marriage Act, 1954,

2. if YES, whether there will be any other legal complication related to our marriage.

3. if NO, which process can be followed for our marriage to be legal & valid.

Member (Account Deleted)   25 March 2008 at 14:25

Revised Return

The original Return of Income was filed in the month of April'07 for the Assessment Year 2007-08 showing a net taxable income of Rs. 2,37,660.00. However the Self Assessment tax was not paid and the Challan was not enclosed with the Return of Income. But now after the proper calculation, the taxable income has come down to Rs. 1,58,760.00. Can we file a revised return showing a lower taxable income ?

Member (Account Deleted)   25 March 2008 at 12:57

Foreign Loan

Can a Society registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act borrow a loan from abroad ? What would be the treatment in Form FC-3 and in the Final Accounts for the Principal and the Interest component? Also please let me know the treatment of the foreign loan refund.

ANSHUL RASTOGI   25 March 2008 at 12:35


What benefit is available under central and state acts to sick company set up in utrakhand.

prakash   25 March 2008 at 04:37

TN Shops & Establishments Act

Hi All

Anybody can send me TN Shops & Establishments Act at my email
Thanks & Regard

prakash   25 March 2008 at 04:31

Shop and establishment act


Im Prakash as an admin in one MNC company,
i need to know what is shop and establishment act Act and what is the requirement for that this act come from which section.

In tamil nadu level if i need the act for my new branches...


Rajiv Peris   24 March 2008 at 21:19

Affidavit of Evidence

90 % of the exhibits in the affadavit of evidence are rejected as the respondent requested the Ld Judge to reject the same as per the CPC procedure code. However these documents were mentioned in the plaint and are essential in proving the case for the Plaintiff. The Ld.Judge passed the above order rejecting the documents. Revision application has been filed to request the court to put the Plaintiff in the box and cross examine to allow the applicant to prove his documents.

I am looking for Supreme Court or Bombay High Court case laws/ Citations to support our case.

kam_87g   24 March 2008 at 21:11

Article On advocates & right To advertise,appearance in court of relative

Can I have article On these Two Topics:
1)Advocate & Right To advertise
2)Advocate & apperance In a Court Of Relative.
My email id is

I will be highly grateful to you.........

sarves   24 March 2008 at 19:13

admission fees forfieted by college

Dear Sir,

my sister take an admission in a medical colleage and paid a fees of Rs.50000/- but she could not take admission due to next day she got a call from another colleage.

now they are not returning the money saying that there are no provision to refund the fees.

now i want to no the followings.

1. what remedy available to us.

2. what is the limitation period.

3. please send a draft application for file a complain in consumer court.



Gururja Rao   24 March 2008 at 18:44

Amendment of bare Injunction suit to mandatory injunction suit.

Hi all,
I am the plaintiff in the bare Injunction suit filed by me against my brother restraining him from constructing house in common area, subsequent to filing of the suit, before summons could be served on my brother he settled the matter while assuring me that he will not construct any structure in common area, and beliving him I have not deposited process in the main suit though I got Interim Injunction, thereafter the suit filed by me was dismissed for default for non depositing of process on defendant in the main suit. After two years in my absence my brother started construction in common area and compleated construction. Immediately I have filed an application U/o 9 r-4 of C.P.C for restoration of suit and the same was allowed and on behalf of my brother an advocate filed vakalat and sought time for filing Written statement, Now my doubt is that however my brother compleated construction in common area, and by continuing bare Injunction suit no purpose is going to be served on me, in such circumstances shall I file Amendment petition u/O 6 R-17 of C.P.c for Mandatory relief, if yes is it maintainable in Bare Injunction suits. And further I need a proforma amendment petition praying Mandatory relief with relevant case laws if any. Kindly provide me as it is very urgent. expecting answer with proforma amendment petition.


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query