LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Society name plate

(Querist) 29 January 2022 This query is : Resolved 
I am married from past 6years. My husband has purchased a flat under my name, however my aadhar card has my maiden name on it, due to which my name in the property docs is my maiden name. My maiden name has my father's name as middle name in it. Now I want my married name to be displayed on the name plate. I have requested the society committee to change the name plate with my married name an also I have submitted my marriage certificate. Kindly advise if it is possible.
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 29 January 2022
Your presumption is right. It is customary to add husbands' name after marriage.No need for anyother athentication of name change notification.
kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 29 January 2022
It is not necessary authentication of name change notification. But what name was written in the Marriage application? If you wrote your maiden name in the application, then the marriage certificate comes with the maiden name. If done so, you have to submit an application to the Marriage Registrar requesting him to change your name from the maiden name into your husband's surname.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 30 January 2022
what society says
Pradipta Nath (Expert) 30 January 2022
Better change the name in your aadhar card and then apply for name change. It will be much easier prosess.
Sri Vijayan.A (Expert) 30 January 2022
You can change the name in Adhar and then request the Society.
Both amendments can be made simultaneously
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 31 January 2022
If you feel so strong about adding surname of your husband get it published in Gazette as per procedure and apply to the society after making necessary amendments in all documents such as aadhar card, driving licence, voters card, passport etc.
P. Venu (Expert) 31 January 2022
Are we not discussing the issue in a legal vacuum? To my knowledge, there is no law or procedure established by law as to how person ought to named or known or how the name is to be changed.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query