Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How to call all witnesses mentioned in fir

(Querist) 31 May 2015 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,
I am helping to one of a village friend who is the Husband of this case,
For extracting money from Husband’s family a 498 A criminal case is lodge in Police Station in year 2006. The Case is under trail & examining to the witnesses.
In 2006, Investigating officer has lodge FIR and taken a written statement of SIX witnesses.
In that one is Husband’s relative. He is telling I have not given any statement in front of Police and he is ready to give the statement in favor of Husband family.
But the Wife, family does not want to call that one witness in court and in trail they appeal to court that we do not call him from my side.
What are the supporting Law and reference on which Husband’s family can call him ?
Expecting the favorable reply on it.
With Regards
Ratnesh V.
SAINATH DEVALLA (Expert) 01 June 2015
There is no law to force the witness to come and depose in the court
P. Venu (Expert) 01 June 2015
It appears you are ill-informed. It is the public prosecutor who is in charge of the case and not the complainant wife's or her family.
Sunil S Nair (Expert) 01 June 2015
Can send summons to the witness under Or. 16 R1 and 5 of CPC
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 01 June 2015
Agree with the experts.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 01 June 2015
if the court agrees him to be dropped from witnesses still you can call him as defence witness.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 01 June 2015
Ratnesh Vidyarthi (Querist) 02 June 2015
Sir, Case is lodged by wife's father. They may keep a private lawyer it is not necessary that public prosecutor have only roll.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 09 June 2015
Dear Author, as rightly observed by expert Mr. Venu, you are ill-informed about the procedure and the law involved in it. This is a police case hence there is no room for a private lawyer though the complaint has been lodged by her father. Dont argue when you do not know the law or if you know law better then you do not have any reason to seek opinion from experts here.
You have repeated the same question in another threat too.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 23 June 2018
I agree with Venu's opinion.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query