Gift deed

1)Would a self acquired property by my mother in law require an noc from my husband's siblings if she wants to gift through a gift deed?
2) Should gift deed be registered?
3)What will be the cost for the gift deed?

Your mother in laws shara could be given as gift.2.The fees vary from state to state. Fees could be ascertaied from local registration office.

Your mother in law has every right to sale,gift bequeath or transfer her self acquired property to any one as per her wIsh.She need not to take NOC from any one.

You asked:
Reply:
Self acquired property can be gifted / sold / mortgaged / assigned / bequeathed to any one as per wish of owner, no one can object / no need of NOC from any other or relatives.

You asked:
2) Should gift deed be registered?
Reply:
Yes, it is necessary to get the gift deed registered.

You asked:
Reply:
Stamp and registration fee differ from State to State. Ask from local Registrar office.

Your mother-in-law's property is her self-acquired property. Hence she can gift to anyone as she wishes. The gift deed shall be registered. The stamp duty and registration fee vary from one State to another State. In many States a gift from mother to son (father, mother, son, daughter, brother, and sister) is less, a maximum of 1% or 2%. consult in the local registrar office.

Yes, self acquired property could be conveyed by way of gift at the discretion.

Gift requires to be registered unless it constitutes Hiba under the Muhammadan Law.

In most of the States gifts among close relatives, as specified, involves nominal stamp duty.

Hemant AgarwalOnline (Expert)

AGREE with Advise of above Experts.

×

CrPC Course!     |    x