Filing of criminal case

This query is : Resolved 

14 December 2013

Is it necessary to file a f.i.r.before filing the criminal case in court.

prabhakar singh (Expert)
14 December 2013

Yes!One should report any criminal act to Police first.

Arvind Singh ChauhanOnline (Expert)
14 December 2013

Yes one should report to police or administration first, but if one could not do so he can file private complaint in court with true facts and witnesses.

V R SHROFF (Expert)
14 December 2013


Nadeem QureshiOnline (Expert)
14 December 2013

it is not mandatory, the complainant can file a complaint under section 200 of crpc directly before the court.

Devajyoti BarmanOnline (Expert)
14 December 2013

Yes for fling complaint u/s 2d , 200 crpc filing of complaint before Police is not necessary.
It is necessary for filing petition u/s 156(3) crpc.

14 December 2013

The necessity of filing of a FIR is depending upon the statue of the case.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)
14 December 2013

One has to approch police station and try to lodge the complaint and if police dont register compliant then complainant can approach court.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
14 December 2013

Academic query, state facts.

Shailesh Kr. ShahOnline (Expert)
14 December 2013

here is no room left by learned experts to add more.

ajay sethiOnline (Expert)
14 December 2013

agree with experts

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)
14 December 2013

Either way, you can come through Police, or approach the court if police is not helpful and in some cases, an individual can approach the court directly with the complaint

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x