Devajyoti Barman's Expert Profile

Queries Replied : 34799

+ View Full Profile

About me

Myself bearing B.A ( Hons), MBA, LL.B,L.L.M degree is an Arbitrator and chiefly a practising advocate of Calcutta High Court  for the last 15 years and more. That apart I also regularly appear before the lower courts and the Apex Court of India and courts in almost all the major cities of India in matters pertaining to divorce,alimony and child custody; arbitration matters; consumer disputes; criminal cases and bail; civil litigations; conveyancing to mention a few.

I am Arbitrator in SEBI recognised Financial Corporations and Bodies as well.

I am the empanelled lawyer of ---Sahara Housing Fina Corporation Ltd. ,  Kolkata Port Trust , Kolkata Metropolitan Water and Sanitaion Authority , FOSMI to namea very few apart from reputed solicitor firms. I am recently appointed as Arbitrator of SEBI guided Public Sector Undertakings. 

Contacts to me can be made for professional services through e-mail---devajyoti_barman@yahoo.co.in or devajyoti_barman@hotmail.com ; or phone call at 9062412450 , 033-24007986.

I also run a law firm called Ace Legal having its presence in all major cities in India and for more details you may  visit my website -  www.acelegalfirm.com.

For getting regular updates on legal front please visit  my facebook page- Ace Legal and click 'like'.

What kinds of questions I can and can't answer?
    Questions relating to matrimonial disputes, civil litigations, criminal proceedings, consumer disputes, arbitrations etc can be answered by me but not anything relating to taxations.

My area of expertise
    civil and criminal cases, arbitration, bail,consumer disputes etc.

My experience in the area (years):
    Nine years of active court pracice from lower court to High Court.

Organizations I belong to:
    Apart from individualn practice empanelled lawyer of- ahara Housingfina Corpn.,Kolkata Port Trust, Kolkata Metropolital Development Authority Of Water& Sanitation, FOSMI,Several Solicitor Firms.

Publications or writing which has appeared :
    Nothing

Educational credentials:
    BA(Hons), MBA, LL.B

Award & Honors:
    First Class in Madyamik, Higher Secondary and LL.B.

• Dhirender Gupta says : Gratuity in 4 years 190 Days
    Hi, As per the Section 2(a) of gratuity act, for the organizations working for less 6 days a week i.e. 5 days a week. Employee is eligible for gratuity for 4 years & 190 days of continuous service. Please clarify if 190 days are working days i.e. removing saturday, sunday & holidays OR total 190 days in a year i.e. 6 months in a year?

• Jasleen Kaur says : Does religion of wife change to that of husband ?

• sonavnayak says : Query regarding application & filling of Contempt
    Dear sir,Where could be file or application to be made for contempt of interim order under arbitration proceeding? And what are the process for the contempt in Arbitration

• sonavnayak says : Section 29 A arbitration application
    I win interim order in arbitration (sec-17), now my arbitrator inform us to file application in Sec 29 A for further proceeding and set aside, what about our win interim order for deposit of interim order(losing party has to deposit fund as per interim order) , why I have to file application in Sec 29-A in arbitration, as losing party contempt the interim order and I already filed Contempt petition

• balu manikantan says : Validity of summons received by wife
    Wife received summons which was addressed to the Husband by an arbitrator instead of husband is it valid service of summons.can the petitioner in that case claim that it is a valid service of summons.Please let me know sir Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/experts_profile.asp?member_id=38389

Comment Please

Other LCI Experts

Rajendra K Goyal
Queries Replied : 50713

Raj Kumar Makkad
Queries Replied : 43718

ajay sethi
Queries Replied : 31527

×

LAWkdown Challenge    |    x