LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divorce wife address not known

(Querist) 05 July 2018 This query is : Resolved 
Hi Sir
good morning all.
We have been married for more than 15 years. We have a son living with my wife. For the last 8 years, i know that she is living in Bangalore. but i dont know her address. i am living in Chennai. I havent visited her even once in the last 8 years. she visited me 4 times in the last 8 years. she is nott ready to stay together and live . Once i went to her old address where she was living in bangalore. But she was not ready to tell her address. . All communication is only thru phone.
Mean while i applied for divorce. i discussed all my issues with a lawyer and told him , i dont know her address. After marriage we stayed in chennai for a year .So my lawyer told me that he would send a notice to chennai where she was staying. and then go for paper advertisement . so i will get a ex-partee divorce.
i too agreed with him, as my wife is not ready for divorce. she wants to continue like this. My wife is working.

Now my lawyer got a court order to publish notice in paper.
meanwhile i heard there is a risk involved in this method.

please let me know sir, what should i do. I told my wife many times that i am going to apply for divorce as she is not ready to live together.But she is least bothered. I also tried to convince her to live together thru phone. she is not ready. She doesnt know that i have applied for divorce. I am too much confused .
Shall i go ahead as per lawyers advice .Please advice me.

Siva@1972 (Querist) 05 July 2018
HI Sir,

can any one help me
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 05 July 2018
You have to follow your lawyer's advice. If you consult with other advocate you will get confused.
Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert) 05 July 2018
Your lawyer did best and trust him, he'll get you decree of divorce after the ex-parte order after newspaper publication. All those telling you about trouble because of newspapers publication are misguided you only.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 05 July 2018
You want divorce and your spouse is unwilling and accordingly your lawyer is providing inputs to you.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 06 July 2018
II agree with experts.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 06 July 2018
I agree with experts.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate Online (Expert) 06 July 2018
You have contacted a good lawyer who is doing can be done.

you have been told by some that there is risk involved in this method.

what is the risk?
what other option the person suggested?
can you provide your wife's actual current address to your lawyer?
can you strike a peaceful conciliation (wherein you have already failed)?
can you leave the things like this that you continue to be husband and wife?
Guest (Expert) 06 July 2018
First think of your Son.
Guest (Expert) 06 July 2018
Even in School functions when all the children attend with their Parent s how would your child would feel
Guest (Expert) 06 July 2018
When your wife is not co operating for your divorce obviously there are much possibilities for a Reunion of the Family.
Guest (Expert) 06 July 2018
In this matter sorry to say instead of discussing with Advocates better discuss with Senior Elders of both the Families and Friends and get reunited at least for the sake of your innocent Child please.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 06 July 2018
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 07 July 2018
I agree with experts.
P. Venu (Expert) 07 July 2018
Yes, what is the risk suggested in paper publication?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query