LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

About widow

(Querist) 26 October 2020 This query is : Resolved 
I m getting marry to a widow women
So she his a government employee and she got that job of her husband after death so if she get marry to me then her job will be lost
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 26 October 2020

In my opinion, she will not lose her job after remarry.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 26 October 2020
She may not loose compensatory job after remarry. However, refer concerned department rules.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 26 October 2020
There is no such rule that a widow who gets compensatory job in place of her late husband can't remarry.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 26 October 2020
If a widow got a job on compassionate grounds after her husband's death, she can re-marry with the permission of the HOD concerned and after getting re-married with permission, the family pension (after husband's death) granted will be stopped. But the rules some vary from one State to another State.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 27 October 2020
There is no need for her to get permission of department for marriage. There is absolutely no such provision.

I tend to fully disagree to this extent.

However she will stop to be entitled for family pension and her minor child may get such pension.

There is no provision for her to lose job t all.
A. A. JOSE (Expert) 27 October 2020
She can very well get married without any hurdle if she so desires. However, she may lose any pension she might be getting on account of the death of her husband once she remarries. No permission from the Departmental head imperative .
Hemant Agarwal (Expert) 27 October 2020
AGREE with above legal views.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
P. Venu (Expert) 27 October 2020
Yes, she can marry at her free will, but would be disentitled for family pension thenceforth.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 28 October 2020
Agree with the expert Sudhir Kumar.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query