Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Queries Participated

Deeksha nayyer   04 June 2020 at 16:16

Blank cheques for security purpose

I am taking a non collateral Loan from NBFC's without giving any collateral.
The NBFC in which I have applied for Loan is reputed company which gives Loan to many Lakhs customers every year.

Since they are giving non collateral Loan , but they are taking 4 Blank cheques at the time of agreement for their security purpose..
They take Blank cheque with name of company written on it, signature and amount. (NOT DATE)

From the beggining of the procedure of Loan I am recording all the calls from Bank officials,exchanging all the documents by Gmail to collect evidences that i am taking loan.

Q1. Is it Ok if I give the cheques and take the loan from Bank. Is it all right?

Q2. Is there anything that I can do to make myself secure, Anything that i make them write on agreement about cheques so that I will be safe.

What should I do???

shainy   03 June 2020 at 12:41

Rights of foreign wife of indian, within india

Dear Respected Sirs/Madams

I am a FOREIGN lady married to Indian man. Our marriage was registered abroad and endorsed at Indian embassy and my name is included in his passport. I am now living in India with him and i am holding OCI card also. I am spending money on our married life in India; money that i brought/bringing from my own country after selling my properties there.
My husband has some property in India. But he also has two Indian sons from is previous marriage. His Indian ex wife and sons are demanding that all his property in India should only go to them and nothing should go to me. His parents are also supporting his ex-wife and not me. His undivided ancestral property is also disputed between him and brother.

How can i secure my rights financially in India? Is it enough if my husband makes a registered affidavit promising to give me some money/property in case of his death or divorce? Can he later change, cancel or over write such affidavit if he changes his mind? How to make it a non revokable affidavit?

Thank you for your valuable time and advice.

Rama Devi   31 January 2020 at 19:58

Sec.138 niact-jurisdiction point required.

Dear Experts, Namaste. I need some clarification. Plz. suggest me.

Mr Babu Rao ( staying at Hyderabad) has given an amount on promissory note to Jagan Mohan( Staying at Bangalore) as hand loan. Baburao Bank Account is in Hyderabad. Towards clearing his loan amount, Jagan Mohan has issued a cheuqe to Baburao.( Jagan Mohan Bank Account is at Bangalore) In turn Baburao has presented the said cheque at Pune Branch, while he was on tour, for realization of the cheque amount The said cheque was returned by Jagan Mohan Bank and the same was sent along with Bank Memo to Baburao Bank, which is at Hyderabad.
Now If Baburao wants to file a Section 138 Case, where is the jurisdiction point. Since now all banks are having on-line facility, any cheque can be presented any where.
Plz. suggest me.

Anonymous   30 January 2020 at 23:14

Typograpical mistake in notice and complaint

We have filed case under section 138 of NI act against one party but by mistake cheque no was mentioned wrong in demand notice and complaint copy. In this situation does case under section 138 is maintainable or not ?? Can it be considered as a typographic mistake ? What remedies available to maintain the case ?

Anonymous   30 January 2020 at 22:55

In pf employer share whitheld?

An bogus employee entered in Coal mines, after enquiry they are removed from Service, now they are applied for taking cmpf contribution with employer share, How do make payment (cmpf misc. act 1948).

BHARTI KOTHARI   22 December 2019 at 14:47

Negotiable instrument act


CA Prashanth Viswanadh Maddali   19 December 2019 at 13:34

Documents preparation and vettings

Dear sir,

Ours a trust we are searching for a legal expert for our trust MOUs documents preparation and vettings services for our projects which are undertaken all over India especially Andhra pradesh and Telangana

munshilal   25 October 2019 at 20:21


I had asked for a certified copy of information, under the RTI ACT 2005 regarding third party. But the reply excepted by the concerned PIO is from an another person, who has objected to my giving Information by the PIO. is this act of the PIO legal in RTI law. Query is can any Tom, Dick, Harry reply on any one's behalf. note. this is serious question, no further facts to state. kindly help.

Anonymous   25 October 2019 at 11:23

Name in passport

My name in Indian passport is ahown as Rattanjit Singh. Sirname field is blank.
I want to get it changed as follws
Sirname - Singh
First name - Rattanjit
Middle name - --
Does this amount to change of name? My Aadhaar card and PAN card show it as Rattanjit Singh

Supreet singh   25 October 2019 at 09:58

What steps should i take to avoid misuse of cheque book?

Hello dear lawyers,

I have lost my cheque book and in that cheque book there was one blank cheque signed.

What steps should I take to avoid any misuse????


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query