LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Queries Participated

Member (Account Deleted)   08 December 2011 at 11:08


Sir, i filed a civil suit for partition in a district court in tamilnadu during 2007. After 4 years,it was posted to fast track court during March 2011. Even for listing the case repeated requisition of time was asked by the defendants and this dragging went on for another 6 months. Now after listing, from my side i have submitted 21 exhibits as evidence and the judge told defendant's advocate that i may be cross-examined the same day after submitting the exhibits, but from that time onwards till yesterday's adjournment (07-12-2011)they fail to appear and asking time for cross-examination. This is an easy method of dragging the case. Is there any way legally to restrict the number of adjournments or any representation may be made to the judge through my advocate?

Anonymous   19 July 2011 at 18:22

O.6 R.17 Amendment

My query is as follows,
I have filed simplisiter injunction suit alongwith temporary injunction application.The lower court grant temporary injuction application.By aggrieved with the order defendant filed Miscellaneous Appeal and the record and proceeding of lower court have called by Appellate Court.
Meanwhile at the stage of final hearing of Misc.Appeal, appellant/original defendant stating that the old survey no.202 of the suit property is not owned by respondent/original plaintiff.Appellant taking this type of stand because plaintiff pleaded this no. in his plaint.But actually position is that,plaintiff is owner of Survey No.201,due to typographical mistake survey no. 202 has been typed.Appellant taking disadvantage of this mistake.
Now plaintiff wants to amend his plaint but the R/P is in appellate court and amendment is plaint is essential.
Can plaintiff file application of amendment before Appellate Court?

mohan jalan   18 July 2011 at 22:28

Advocate Act or code of conduct of Bar registered counsil

In which act it is given that a registered counsil can not do any other business or profession please give me reference with section detail or case law

Chandrakant Karmankar   30 April 2011 at 20:27

Website / Software Development Firm


I am a resident of Maharashtra State.

I want to start a Website / Software Development Company, which is NOT a Pvt. Ltd. but only carries a Name, for EX: ABC Technologies.

1. Is it possible or not ?
2. If it is possible, then in which Government Department I have to Register ?
3. What are the Documents Required to be furnished for Registration ?
4. Which Certificate / License is required to run the Company ?
5. Will it be Service Firm or Proprietary Firm ?
6. The Owner can be a Director or Proprietor?
7. Can I get the Service Tax / MVAT Registration Nos. ?
8. In future, can I convert this Firm into a Pvt. Ltd. Company ?

Anticipating your valuable reply.


Chandrakant Karmankar.

Legal Fighter   21 April 2011 at 07:14

How to challenge order of State Information Commission passed in RTI Appeal

I have got an order from State Information Commission in RTI Appeal. Despite repeated directions by SIC vide interim orders, the PIO didn't give any information and on final date the SIC disposed of the matter by order penalty and department enquiry against the PIO. Now the final order doesn't state anything about the information though the interim orders direct the PIO for the same.

I still haven't got the requisite information. What should I do? Which forum should i approach?

Suchitra. S   15 March 2011 at 17:55

Format of Memorandum of Uderstanding

Respected experts, I want to have a format of memorandum of understanding between three parties. I have to draft a MOU between three parties for a Govenment tender.

Anonymous   09 March 2011 at 14:42

Fake RAW officer threatening everyone

There is a guy who has a house in our neighborhood, and lives in abroad. He come once in a while to stay a couple of days here. When he is here, he get all his things done, by saying he is a RAW (Research and Analysis Wing) Officer working undercover abroad against counter terrorism and also shows some fake gun to everyone, and blabber some IPC sections. I came to know somehow his date of birth and he is already 63 years old and as per our central gov retirement age, he should have retired already. When someone shout back to him, he generally keep quite. Since he acts as RAW, we cannot go for an RTI. He is violating basic civil human rights by threatening everyone for all the simple things. How to get rid of this guy's crooked behavior and expose him?

Anonymous   09 March 2011 at 13:40

agreement of sale or notary

Dear Experts ,what is the mean of agreement of sale?what is the validation &time limit for the sale agreement? what is the notary sale agreement? what is the validity? and time limitation?

kindly reply urgent

Vijay Kumar   08 March 2011 at 22:31

cunter claim in declaratory suit

A suit has been filed by the Adoptive parents wherein declaration has been prayed to the effect that the Adoption Deed being the result of fraud and misrepresentation is null & void.
Would it be advisable for the defendant, the adopted son to file the Counter Claim to seek declaration that being duly adopted son, he has share in the property of his adoptive parents? Should he seek injunction against alination of the property?

Syed Jawad Quader   26 January 2011 at 23:01

Can you amend a prayer of a plaint?

I want to amend the prayer portion of a plaint I filed recently. Is it possible? Would someone be kind enough to oblige me with a format for such an application for amendment of plaint, if any? Thank you.


Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query