LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nilofer shaikh   30 September 2021 at 19:49

Nri marriage dispute

Can wife impound husband passport through dv case? If yes what is the procedure.

My husband is NRI he had deserted me in India for past 4 years.Dv case,498a is filed against inlaws and husband. Chargesheet is also filed against all accused.Loc was also issued for which he got detained on mumbai airport.

All cases were filed in 2019.From last one year settlement communication is taking place.But opposite party is turning up from their words asking me to first withdraw all cases then they'll sign MOU. My stridhan is also with them,please note that before filing an FIR at my nearest police station.The senior officer took an initiative for settlement between both parties and he ordered my in-laws and husband for 8lcs as settlement.Which was signed in written by my father in law.In police station he agreed for it.later on he denied by saying I'll not give you (me) people. So can I produce that written settlement statement signed by my father in law in court?

Thanks !!

AMIT ANAND   25 September 2021 at 22:56

Maintenance of wife

I am contesting a case along with my wife in court. Under interim maintenance case she has claimed Rs.15,000 p.m. as rent paid for house taken on room for which she has filed agreement deed of landlord which actually is her maternal aunt. In actual she is living along with her father. Kindly guide how should I prove the same that rent agreement is fake and she is residing with her father.

Anonymous   25 September 2021 at 17:48

Marriage in goa but want divorce in maharashtra

I am hindu girl residing at Maharashtra. I got married to goan Hindu person in goa as per their Teram ( Govt registration process) on 30-08-2017. And then we got married again as per hindu vaidik tradition on 03-12-2017.

After marriage We both stayed in Pune for almost 10 months.. As he is working in Pune. Due to some issues I left his home and then started staying with my parents till now. We do not have any child.

My question : I already applied for domestic violence case thru my native place. In Lok adalat process , he is agreed for mutual divorce and alimony. So I withdrawed that case. But after than due to covid pandemic court is not fully functional. And now He is not ready to give me divorce besides than Goa. Also refused to give me alimony.It takes lot of time for mutual consent divorce in Goa.I again reopened that domestic case, but still due to pandemic, court is not fully functional.

So request you to all please give me some reference which has positive ans to my query.
Thanks in advance

Shruti Mehta   22 September 2021 at 19:11

Section 12(1)(c)

Does Application filed under section 12 (1)(c) of Hindu Marriage Act can be settled in Lok Adalat ? The matter is posted to file Written Statement.

Anonymous   22 September 2021 at 15:16

Divorce case

hi, i has been more than 1.5 since marriage and my wife did not let me touch her, i filled divorce under sec 13 first, and have call recording of me talking to her parent and explaining them the issue and with her where she is admitting that she had made a mistake.i should give her last chance although i had given many last chance l, now they had filled diff cases against me and my family like 498a, 323, 406, 34 and separate case of domestic violence under sec 12 and 23 after 6 month when she left our house. can u suggest me the best way to tackle this situation

Sundar   18 September 2021 at 11:54

Ancestral property

Dear All,

I have a small question w.r.t ancestral property ...

There is an ancestral property(immovable) in India. One person (coparcener) living in India and the other coparcener living in other country trying to acquire the other country citizenship.

My understanding is that... if a person relinquish Indian citizenship(per Constitution) or willing to relinquish Indian Citizenship, then other coparcener looses the right on ancestral property.

Seeking your inputs in case my my understanding is incorrect.

Best Regards,

Anonymous   15 September 2021 at 22:00

Regarding remarrige

I am a divorcee. It was love for that reason she didn't come to my house because my parents oppose the marriage since from beginning.
My divorce was sanctioned in July 2018
now i again want to marry again.I am searching for my match.
My question is whether I should tell my stories or not ,because we never had a social marriage,nor we live together.
If I didn't share my first marriage and later on they came to know about my history what will be the consequences.
N.B : if they didn't get any proof regarding my first marriage,only they can hear from somebody else ,is it possible for litigation?

Anonymous   13 September 2021 at 13:57


What is CMA

jobstervijay   11 September 2021 at 00:17

How to put claim on mother property

my father expire in 2002 I was in 2nd yr of graduation
I got job first in 2005 and later completed graduation 2007
my mother did supported me but very less amount and bought own home for her
I did my pg from own money
she did not helped my finding bride and when I found told her to put 498 on me
even put claim on my flat

now she is living on pension
I want to claim on pension part
note: I have done bsc comp sci but many relative done msc comp

what are legal provosions for same

Anonymous   10 September 2021 at 15:56

Interim maintenance

how to challenge interim maintenance ?


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query