LAW Courses

kunhi marakkar   20 November 2021 at 12:52

Bail

Is there a law that bailees have to appear in courtroom to bailout an accused? If the bailees are women, is it enough for them to appear in the court office instead of the courtroom?

continue
kunhi marakkar   12 November 2021 at 14:57

Cheque case

Sir
I faced a cheque bounce case(CRIMINAL CASE) in year 2002.due to abroad job,i couldn't appear in court.so this case deferred as LP. Now in 2021 ,can plaintiff re start this case? I heard that cheque cases will not come under criminal case by new amendment of law.this case will treat as civil case.is this true?What will happen to non bailable warrant on this case during 2002-2003?Was it return?Can they re issue?

continue
Anonymous   10 November 2021 at 19:32

Fingerprint while booking u/s ipc 290

Dear revered lawyers in this forum,
Please note I was taken to the PS in 2008 while drinking in a park in my locality. I was put behind the bar in the PS for around 2 hours and then a person who introduced himself as a lawyer came and took Rs. 500 from me. Took my fingerprints on several documents and asked me to go back home. Upon asking him he said it's a case under section IPC 290 and it's a petty case. He also told me that if I want any document pertains to it I could collect it the next day from court or from him directly. He said he would pay the fine on behalf of me. So I never worried about it since then since he said it would be resolved and nothing to worry about.
But nowadays I wonder whether those fingerprints were uploaded into some sort of criminal database of India. I heard that in our country we have such a database present where they store the fingerprints of all the arrests made and convicts. Since I was arrested and then pleaded guilty and paid fine, were my fingerprints also uploaded in that database.

Looking forward to your valuable inputs in this regard.

continue
Anonymous   06 November 2021 at 00:32

Ipc 338 accident case and imprisonment

My brother is booked under IPC 338 in an accident case. Chargesheet is filed and case is still in appearance stage in court.
The complainant doesn't want to settle and filed an MVOP case for 90 Lakhs compensation and it is still in NOTICE stage in court.

Accident:
My brother was driving a car and accidentally hit a person from the back where the person got multiple fractures.

Our advocate suggested to FACE THE TRIAL.

My questions are
1. Is there any chances of going to jail if convicted during trial?
2. what can be the maximum punishment given to my brother considering the circumstances?
3. what can be done to avoid jail term if he is convicted during trial?
4. My brother is student persuing degree, he holds valid driving license, RC, Insurance and he even took the injured to hospital and paid 3k for first aid.
5. If he is sentenced to jail, his career will be destroyed. what can be done to get out this situation.

we can neither afford to give compensation nor can go to jail. we belong to middle class family.
Please help us and guide to the right path.

continue
Arjun Arjun   04 November 2021 at 08:14

Bail

My estranged wife complained against me in police station after 10 months of leaving my house.
Police called me in July this year. I did not go to police station.My anticipatory bail application was dismissed in sessions Court in August due to no fir registered. My anticipatory bail application is still running in high court. Can police come again and arrest me? Kindly reply

continue
Balaji Bakthavathsal   01 November 2021 at 06:52

Seeking exemption in giving evidence

In a Criminal case under the Calendar Case filed by the District Crime Branch Police based on the direction obtained from the High Court before the Judicial court under the sections FOUR SIX SEVEN, FOUR SIX EIGHT, FOUR TWENTY AND FIVE ZERO SIX (II) of Cr.P.C., can the prosecution side witnesses seek exemption in attending the court under the section205 of Cr.P.C. ?
These witnesses are sisters of the complainant who were interrogated by the police to ascertain the facts of the offence.
Please quote suitable citation if there is any.
Thanks & Regards

continue
Anonymous   30 October 2021 at 23:45

Procedure in criminal cases

SIR, COULD I PLEASE BE GUIDED HOW A CRIMINAL CASE PROCEEDS: ONCE SUMMON IS ISSUED THE ACCUSED HAS TO APPEAR IN COURT. ONCE ACCUSED RECEIVES THE CASE PAPERS SHOULD THE ACCUSED SUBMIT HIS REPLY TO THE COMPLAINT FILED BY THE COMPLAINANT? OR SHOULD THE ACCUSED FILE HIS REPLY BEFORE FRAMING CHARGES OR AFTER THE CHARGES ARE FRAMED? IF THE COMPLAINT IS NOT SUPPORTED BY DOCUMENTERY EVIDENCE AT WHAT STAGE SHOULD AN APPLICATION SECTION 91 OF THE CR PC BE SUBMITTED IN COURT SHOULD IT ALSO BE BEFORE FRAMING OF CHARGES OR AFTER FRAMING OF CHARGES?

continue
raju   30 October 2021 at 21:14

Witness apperance

In criminal complaint witness was summoned to produce documents. Can witness called to give evidence depute some one else or through advocate. Although witness called is important in criminal case to give evidence.

continue
RangaRajan J   27 October 2021 at 08:29

Documentary evidence mentioned in fir

Dear Respected Experts,

Brief of Case:
---------------
Wife filed a case u/s 498A & 4 of DP Act. The FIR was registered through court direction (u/s 156(3)). During cross-examination of SHO (station house officer, IO) my advocate asked if a document mentioned in FIR is marked in court. SHO told that it is marked. Immediately my advocate asked the Judge whether it is marked or not. The judge replied that it is NOT MARKED. Actually, the FIR was registered in JM court of Chennai and transferred to JM court of Bangalore due to Jurisdiction.

My Question:
---------------
1) Is it possible for the Judge to get the document mentioned in the FIR, from JM court of Chennai, to JM Court of Bangalore?

2) Would the Judge take the initiative to bring the document in his/her own interest.

3) Is there anything in Law mentioned as a MANDATORY procedure for the judge to demand any documents from other courts?

Thanks in Advance

continue
Sanathan Juturu   26 October 2021 at 10:33

Medical discharge summary not provided

I have admitted in hospital on 3rd night 3 AM and discharged on 4th 8PM due to acute stomach pain treatment in hospital, later discharge they have provided only one final cash bill to me. Later I have claimed these bills for hospitalization and got to know that I have to provide discharge bill to them to get the money. I have asked same the hospital people but duty doctor denied providing it and saying why have you not taken that day and suddenly saying you have not been in hospital for 24hrs but they charged me all with 24hrs charges only. Please help me in this case how can I file complaint on them under which section.

Thank you.

continue