LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous   18 October 2021 at 23:31

Chargesheet quashing in high court

In a accident case of grevious hurt u/s 279 and 337 and 338, once the chargesheet is submitted in court.

1. Can the accused take the certified copy of chargesheet from the court before the date of next hearing (pleaded not guilty).
2. Based on the merits of chargesheet, can the accused go to high court for quashing of chargesheet and fir without attending trials from district court as it will take around 3 to 4 years of time?

Anonymous   17 October 2021 at 18:39

Witness changing statement during trial

During investigation in a accident case, witness statements were recorded by IO and the chargesheet is submitted in court. During trials. Can the same witness change the statement and deny what has been recorded in chargesheet?

Does court consider just changed oral statements during trial? what will happen next?

raju   13 October 2021 at 13:02


Summons issued to witness in criminal case by ordinary process and also dasti. Witness evading the summons. Can I send these summons by post which was given as dasti.

GThrone   13 October 2021 at 12:56

498a 506

My wife filed a criminal case 498A and 506 on entirely false grounds. she filed a case in Europe prior on similar grounds but this case was closed as nothing was substantiated.

Regarding the 498, in addition to me as the A1, she included my family members and friend but police removed the others leaving just myself in the chargesheet.

but the cause of action was in Europe and I did not meet my wife or her family members in India for a long time and since the other members were excluded, is there is possibility for this case to be dismissed in the district court?

I am specifically looking for previous court judgements/citations in support of a dismissal of the case. Please HELP.

SUBRATA HALDAR   13 October 2021 at 09:54


My girlfriend who have no source of income has taken Rs 20 Lakh from me through account transfer (NEFT) for purchase of a house in her name.I have documentary evidence from my bank statement. Also I have spent another 5 Lakhs by cash for docoration of the house after purchase.

Now she refused to maintain relationships and marrying me.

Can I lodge 406 IPC and 420 IPC in local PS stating that she has taken the money as loan and refusing to refund ?

Can police directly arrest her without any permission from court ?

Surely she couldn't refund the money. Can I claim to transfer the property to me ?

raju   11 October 2021 at 15:18

Complainant vs state

Complaint was registered u/s 156(3). Police filed cancel report. Court proceeded u/s 200 and dismissed complaint. My query is what remedy left or any appeal or revision. Can police file counter claim against complainant.

Dinesh Singh   11 October 2021 at 13:26

Defame on social site


Sachin Kumar   09 October 2021 at 17:41

Medical negligence by dentist

I had done root canal treatment with dentist in December 2020.
Few days before I had pain in that teeth and x ray shows there was no root canal treatment done in that teeth.
I had strong proof of medical negligence against dentist.
What action I can take against that dentist ?
Can I fight case myself in consumer court ?
Please tell procedure to file case against doctor ?

veera venkata satyanarayana   08 October 2021 at 13:56

Whatsapp chat

Respected All,

1) Can whatsapp conversations be used as proof in Negotiable instruments act and money recovery acts. Will they be useful ?

2) If so, how to use them..Can we take screenshot of them and produce before court ?

Please help point by point.

Anonymous   07 October 2021 at 11:22

Correction in witness' statement in criminal case

There are some typographical mistakes in a witness' statement, which we noticed after getting a certified copy of it. Words "regarding this" are missing in a line in cross examination, which seems to make it without context. "Father" is written instead of "mother" once in examination-in-chief, whereas every other instance is correctly written as "mother".

How to have typographical mistakes in cross examination and examination-in-chief corrected in a criminal case?

Do we need to submit an application regarding it?

Under what section of CrPC or some other provision would the application be?

Sorry for being anonymous, but it is important.


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query