LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous   29 October 2021 at 22:00

Ownership title of stilt parking in co-operative housing soc

I am in a process to purchase in Resale a Residential Flat in a Co-operative Housing Society in Mumbai. This is a Seven Story Building with a confirguration of Stilt on Ground floor and residential flats on First to Seven floors. This flat is along with a Stilt Parking.

My Seller Booked and purchased this Flat and Stilt parking from a Developer in Year 1996, There is a Registered Agreement available of Flat (Registered at Joint-Sub Registrar- Kurla Judicial) which states that Stilt parking is allotted as an additional amenity confined to the said flat.

A Co-operative Housing Soceity was formed in year 2012, My question is as follows :
1. Can Seller Sells flat and transfer of Stilt parking (which is allotted as an additional amenity confined to the said flat) in One Registrable agreement to me ?

2. I Checked from Registrar Office, this wording is acceptable for registring the residential Flat & Stilt Parking in One agreement. Is this Challenge able other than Seller ?

3. Society says Stilt parking cannot be property/amenity owned by flat owners, Stilt parking is property of Society, no owner can sell it by mentioned parking slot no. in their concerned agreement, irrespective of Developer gave flat owner exclusive rights to park a vehicle in a dedicated slot. Is it True that I cannot own a parking space with the flat?

4. What is remedy as society is just saying its against Law, but no reference is provided by the Society nor they are willing to give anything in writing.

Your valuable feedback is highly appreciated.

M S Ali Khan   29 October 2021 at 21:57

To evict a son in my property

Sir, Actually i just want to know that i want evict one of our son from my property so what is the processure and also want a legal action against him that he will not do any criminal activity against me or any other family member while he is evicted.

Pravin Kumar   29 October 2021 at 06:21

Grandmother property

Grandmother purchased a property of 2acres in 1956 in Tamilnadu
She sold one acre in 1963.
She was a widow .Due to explainable threatens from the co-share holders she didn't use the remaining land.
After resurvey in 1970,the Joint Patta still holds the name of my grandmother.
I made patta mutation from my grandmother name to my mother name.
The Title document is in my Grandmother name.
The nearby share holders(2 families) destroyed the boundaries and enjoying the land .
They dont have any tax paid certificates or proof of title for my grandmother property.

I planning for sub division of the property.

My query is:
1. whether the remaining land owners in the same survey land can claim adverse possession?
2.Can i file for partition suit?

Anonymous   27 October 2021 at 11:19

Missing possession letter and allotment letter

We want to purchase one flat and the seller is a company who is owing 9 flat in one building... They have all the documents but possession letter and allotment letter is missing... They told us they have approached builder but they are not providing any duplicate regarding this... They have done FIR earlier for missing of these letters...Company's legal team is saying that they have possession of this property flat from 2007. We can also go for any newspaper advertisement for the said flat...Actually I need to know being a layman that should I go for this kind of property..

Sidhant adiyari   26 October 2021 at 17:01


Notarized Noc from sister is valid and what should be stamp paper value.
Will is in my favour made by mother and registered.does probate required after death of testator

Rohan   26 October 2021 at 11:48

New housing society shares certificate


My father owned a flat in Naigaon East, Maharashtra. The share certificate was issued in his name. My father passed away in Aug21 intestate. My sister and myself have given an NOC for the flat to be transferred to my mothers name. The building society is now asking all its members for the old share certificate and wants to issue new hand written share certificates as they say the format is changed.

Would there be any problem if we hand off the old share certificate to the General Secretary and collect the hand written share certificate?
If new share certificates are issued do we need to get it registered or pay any stamp duty?

aananth   25 October 2021 at 16:25


Dear Experts,
I have purchased two residential plots in Tenkasi, Tamilnadu in a residential layout in 2008. Two plots are registered with registration office. One plot the promoter got me a Patta from Tashildar office. the other plot is about 51/2 cents or 2,396 sq,ft. In one unit there are three plots and three different ownership. I have purchased the middle plot. The person who bought the third one reported to be sold including entire unit. online Registrar's office EC check shows my my title is valid on this day.
The promoter is still there. What I can do? I want to sell that plot.

Sachin Kumar   25 October 2021 at 11:41

Rent agreement

I am owner and given property on rent (2 room set) from yesterday.
Today I had purchased e-stamp paper of Rs. 10 for executing rent agreement.
Can rent agreement be started from 24/10/2021 ?
Date on e-stamp paper is 25/10/2021.

Anonymous   24 October 2021 at 07:47

How to check if a property is attached by someone

Hi dear experts,

I am planning to buy a property and want to check if the property is attached by someone for any unpaid debts.
Is there any online portal to check?
If not, how can I check offline?

Appreciate your help.

Anonymous   23 October 2021 at 15:51


My father in law had executed a registered will , it is favoring the son of my father in law's daughter , he received almost 80 % of our property and 20 is divided in between my husband and his brother. My sister in law and mother in law and father in law are no more now . the big apartment house costing 2crores is transferred to his grandson . now we want to challenge the will we have taken objection to probate . the only default is that the medical certificate that is attached to the will is back dated and get corrected to that of current date . That is before the few days of the date of execution of will. Can the preposition " legal Heir comes first before Nominee" be applied here in our case and what are the more grounds on which the will can be challenge .


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query