Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Legal_Query   13 June 2008 at 14:18

prevention of food adutration act


a case was filed in 2000 under PFA act, only seller was made accused and manufacturer of the product was not made party to the trial. now after 8 years the prosecution is considering to implead him as a party (still not made). can the manufacturer be impleaded as a party to the case after such long delay. what defense can he take and how delay will effect the trial.
thnks & regds

Mukul Aggarwal   13 June 2008 at 14:01

Environment Law

is consent to establish and environment clearance is necessary for constructing a Shopping Mall...when it is approved by DDA.. water and air clearance is also necessary or not.......

Mukul Aggarwal   13 June 2008 at 13:57

Copy right

Is IPRS indian performing right society is authorized to collect licence fee for playing music in Shopping Malls and what is santity of this...has govt. authorized them or they are collecting money on behalf of their members....what type of music can be played in shopping malls whithout paying licence fees

Sanjay Sharma   13 June 2008 at 11:27

Shipping Bill

We have filed the shipping bill in the Custom at the exchange rate applicable in the month of May-08, but now in the month of june-08 the exchange rate of customs has been changed.

My Question is -

1. Can we send the material on the shipping bill we had alredy filed with the customs. Is there any problem to sending the material in this way.

Pls explain ASAP. Its urgent

Sanjay sharma

Sanjay Sharma   13 June 2008 at 11:25

Is it a case of additional consideration in excise valuation

Central Sales Tax collected at the rate of 4 % but paid only 2 % and showing it (rest of the 2% ) in the books of accounts as "Other Receipts".

My Question is -
1. Is it a case of Additional consideration in terms of the Excise Valuation Rules ?

2. Is Excise duty payable on the amounts showing as "Other Receipts" in the books of accounts.
3. Can the DRI (Department of Revenue Intelligence) take the action for evasion of CST.

Pls explain/ clerify.

Sanjay Sharma

saravanan   13 June 2008 at 10:40

applying for conjugal rights

i and my wife are living separetly since last 9 months. we both are doctors by profession.[mbbs].she left me last sep due to lot of indifferences and misunderstanding.there is no means of communication from her till now.i tried talking with her over phone to reconsider things and a compramise.but it seems that she is not intersted and didn't give a prpoer reply. i can't get that in what idea she is now. her father and brother , lawyers by profeession, who seems to misguide her from giving me a reply. i wish to apply for a conjugal rights . please suggest me how to apply for it..

jhanvi   13 June 2008 at 10:39

CMS ATM Case happened in Vadodara

Dear Sir,
As far as my knowqledge says the investigation has been closed and chargesheet against has been released against them from both the police station (Panigate and Karellibaug). They had also applied for the bail on base of FIR in the local court which was rejected and then they also applied on base of the chargesheet which also got rejected. the sharebroker ansd his son who are involved in this case have also applied for the bail which recently got accepted.Now the two victims whoes bail got rejected from local court are trying to apply to the high court and are even thinking to fight the case against the company. Kindly guide us what can be done the current situation. should they apply for the bail as once it has already got rejected from the local court. or they should fight the case against the company? Will that case get resolve within six months of opening as that is what promised by our advocate. Kindly guide.

Chandan Garg   13 June 2008 at 10:08

Pollution control

How can i get the what rules to be followed in case of a manufacturing company for pollution laws (Air and Water)

Nikhil   13 June 2008 at 10:05

Inheritance of self aquired property

Dear Sir,
my grandfather having a self aquired property ( 3 sons and 1 daughter ) died without making a will. there are 3 extracts in his personal diary mentioning the distribution of his self aquired property to his sons, daughter and myself (grandson). but unfortunately these extracts are not signed by my grandfather. i have been living and taking care of my grandmother (who died in 2007) for 18 years in the now disputed flat which my uncles are objecting. i am still in possession of the said flat, electricity meter is on my name since 2005, telephone bills and other correspondence etc is also in my name.
all the sons and 1 daughter have gor a flat each but now the uncles are eyeing the flat i possess since my grandmother is no more.
can my uncles throw me out of the house???
Please advise further course of action.

VINOD JINDAL   13 June 2008 at 09:08

advocates can not get credit cards and personal

i want to take the attention of all the advocates community to the vary surprising topic to me or to all of us regarding the bank's credit card and personal loan policy THAT AN ADVOCATE CAN NOT GET THE CREDIT CARD AND PERSONAL LOAN any body except an advocate can get these facielites. I think it is shameful for all of us and we have to take this matter seriously becouse we all are also the councils of various banks