Ancestral property release deed making without other heir singn

Dear LC Experts,

We are two sisters only, no brother with us and my father have made a release deed in favour of my sister name in the ancestral property of 3 acre land, six months before. He has written in the deed, releasing of ½ share (50%) in the total 3 acre undivided land.

a. Is it valid without my sign that release deed my father making in the ancestral property?

b. Can i I get equal if go court?

I will be very thankful for the advise.

Devajyoti BarmanOnline (Expert)

Well, the ancestral proeprty can not be transferred without the consent of another co sharer.
So you can very much file a suit for partition to claim your due share in the proeprty.

Please indicate in what way the property is treated as ancestral property, i.e., to which of the generation that belongs as per property papers/ mutation, etc.?

Jeeva (Querist)

My father's grandfather self purchased from other person.

Without knowing full case details / related documents, nothing can be advised. Discuss with local lawyer.

What about mutation record?

R.K NandaOnline (Expert)

Contact local lawyer

Kumar Doab (Expert)

if the deed has been registered, you may approach your able counsel specializing in revenue/property/civil matters and defend your interest under expert guidance of your counsel.

adv.bharat @ PUNEOnline (Expert)

Agreed with expert.

malipeddi jaggaraoOnline (Expert)

Agreed with expert advice of Shri Barman.

×

IPC Grand Course     |    x