25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wrong address

(Querist) 19 November 2013 This query is : Resolved 
If someone make a compliant in which he provides address where he/she do not resides. I mean a person is staying at address x and resides at address y. Is that complaint legal. Is it offence providing wrong address to police. If yes, under which act of IPC.
Anirudh (Expert) 19 November 2013
Whether one person resides at the given address or not is not the question. Whether the person has legal right to be in possession of the property in the said address is enough.

By giving such an address no offence is committed.

At best, when any communication is addressed to that given address, it is for the complainant to ensure that he receives the communication. He cannot say that I do not reside in the address and as such I did not receive the communication.

Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 19 November 2013
Agree with the expert Anirudh ji, nothing more to add.
R.K Nanda (Expert) 19 November 2013
noting more to add.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 19 November 2013
Agree with the Mr Anirudh

Based on these sketchy facts no better advise can be there.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 19 November 2013
This is your repeated query.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query