Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Writing of will

How can I write a valid will in India in case I don't have any witnesses available.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)

Writing 'will' without a witness will make it unenforceable.

It's basic requirement of will that it should be signed by testator and attested by two witnesses so " will " without witness is wasre paper.

Any document including Will shall be signed by two witnesses. Otherwise, it is not valid.

R.K NandaOnline (Expert)

You can't write a valid will without 2 witnesses.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)

The Will shall not be legally valid when the the same has not been witnessed by two witnesses to attest the signature of the testator,.
Are you concerned about writing a Will or about not finding two witnesses to attest the signature of the testator.

Drafting a "will" is an art, which should include all necessary ingredients / legal requirements.
The documents must be witnessed by two witnesses.
Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts / documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

×

Civil Litigation Course     |    x