Urgent legal advice

My mother (pensioner) & sister who used to stay at their flat at kolkata and later on at Bangalore ( in rented house there also created lot of issues including police complaint against them) has now come to Guwahati . They have taken a rented house where they create nuisance like screaming/shouting etc and more ever my sister who is very short tempered also physically tortures my mother when ever there is a break up in marriage related proposals. .Both of them are mentally not 100% sane which you can feel once you talk to them or observe their activities ) Now every time they do so the house owner calls me to say that you come & take them to your home or I shall go to police. Now as I have already stated that they create trouble with my wife when ever they have come on earlier occasions ( use of abusive language/quarelling & threatining thru SMS etc) also with me and my son so the neighbours start complaining because of shouting /screaming etc and it spoils the peace of my home & my family life .My sister even threatens with dare consequences to my wife & son . Also my Son's board exam has just completed and he is persuing 11th std online classes.. so please suggest what should i do so that I can avoid bringing them to my home and maintain peace in my family life. Also what should I say to the house owner who calls me every time & says he will go to police once they

Now during lockdown period they want me to find a groom .As i have stated they are mentally not sound and go on harassing me over phone. My mother I feel has crossed all limits and is now saying if you cannot find a groom tell your son ( who has just appeared board,age 16 yrs ) to marry my Daughter ( age 38 yrs). Now you can understand what is the status of their mental health . I even feel shame to mention such thing in mail.These are un natural talks which they speak and reflects their mental status. Today the house owner where they are staying on rent called me up to inform that ,I should shift them from his house or he will approach police .I went and met him & asked him to give me some time .I told my mother & sister that they need to consult psychiatrist or go to rehabilitation centre for treatment ,but they don't want to go there & I don't want to bring them to my house as already mentioned above ,they will inflict harm to my son & wife and also create nuisance in the home which will destroy our mental peace. I also met police but they could not provide any help & told me it is your personal problem & you need to find out solution. I am really suffering because it is hampering the peace in my family life .

Please help me out with some legal options . They need to be in correction centre or assylum for mental treatment.how can I get it done with police or legal assistance.pl suggest.
Rajib

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)

This is your third time repeated query wherein both the earlier have duly been attended by various experts. What is the need to repeat?

rajib (Querist)

Sir, updated you after all suggestions given were tried but no use.pl help

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)

You have also put a similar question in your another old post. I have posted my reply there. Confine to old post and don't open third front on the same issue.

No legal situation exists in your query. It is moral associated with family responsibility.
Your query seems to be based on finding faults with them only.
Your sister is of 38 years, lockdown was from last 2-3 months, it can not free you from responsibility of searching groom for your sister from last 18 or so years when society has scarcity of brides.
You may leave them at their fate. Let police sent them to Asylum in case of need.

Since you are not ready to adjust them with you, may leave them with their fate.
Economically they are independent, they are in need of male support in absence of which they seem to be frustrated like any other. They are your family members, it should be your moral duty to solve all their problems. Your main purpose seem to send them to Kolkatta which would be out of your sight and responsibility.
You can enjoy with your family, say to their landlord not to disturb you. Your language shows that you feel you have responsibility only for your family and not for your mother and sister. Your mother had been responsible government servant, would be able to handle any situation.

We can only provide a road map. it is for you to sit in the driver's sit. It is impossible for anyone to please all the people for all the times.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)

The author is simultaneously getting advice on the three posts on the same subject in same language before the same experts on the same site which shows that he is correct in his approach and we experts who are also providing similar input are also correct and honest to his query.

why you could not continue in the same thread where givern suggestions have failed so that replying experts culd have the benefit of earlier discussion and then decide.

You probably seem to be taking viva of the experts.

Now coming to your problem.

THEY DO NOT WANT TO HAVE PSYCHIATRIC TREATMENT

YOU CANNOT BRING THEM HOME

THEY ARE NOT WELCOME IN THE HOUSE AND LANDLORD IS THRETENING TO CALL POLICE

THE SAME WILL HAPPEN WHEN YOU SHIFT THEM TO OTHER HOUSE.

So let him call police and you sit idle when you cannot do anything. Given facts indicate you have done whatever you could do on earth.

A small amount of psychiatric problems resolves by next morning in lock up and in some cases on mere sight of police.

YOU HAVE TRIED TO GIVE THEM A SEPARATE HOUSE

You have adequately been advised by experts in earlier threads, repitition of same story is ridiculous and absurd.

Author should avoid multiple threads relating to same issue.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)

Author shall never avoid because we experts deal with the same zeal and enthusiasm the repeated queries despite of having the prior information of its repetition.

Yet advised each time adequately, time to act upon by the author on this social problem having no legal issue.

rajib (Querist)

I have tried all advices given by you all,but they are not willing to go back to kolkata in their own flat or correction home for couselling.rather they are threatening me that if i do not arrange for groom of their choice whom they have been harassing to marry ( who is already married) ,my sis will commit suicide and will blame me for it . Should i approach police now or i should sit idle as i am no way involved in this mess..pl advice . It is urgent.

Discuss in detail with an Local Good Advocate and Proceed Legally.

Discuss with local lawyer in detail.

rajib (Querist)

Should i intimate police thru FIR .PL suggest

You can give a letter mentioning details, (personally not in favor of going to police), if possible avoid the situation.

rajib (Querist)

Siras u mentioned bot to approach police as I had already mentioned, god forbidden as she threatens to commit suicide if i do not arrange groom ( who is already married),whom she wants to marry and take any extreme step will i be held responsible accordingly to police .so please suggest should I keep police informed about her ill motives to avoid any complications. Can police take any action as I stay separately in my own house .

Your steps may help you provided circumstances so warrant in case of any ill happening.
Police is supposed to investigate in detail if any letter left by the person who proceeded for suicide.

rajib (Querist)

have tried all advices given by you all,but they are not willing to go back to kolkata in their own flat or correction home for couselling.rather they are threatening me that if i do not arrange for groom of their choice whom they have been harassing to marry ( who is already married) ,my sis will commit suicide and will blame me for it . Should i approach police now or i should sit idle as i am no way involved in this mess..pl advice . I want to avoid police complications .pl suggest way out

why cant you sit quite when you cannot do anything.

let the landlord/ neighbors call police they know how to do their job. Why should you call police while you are no more suffering after giving them separate house.

You do not want / can do anything to fulfill their demands, nothing can be done but to wait and watch.

rajib (Querist)

Sir,I do not want to get into any sort of trouble or harrasement by police in case of any eventuality happening .so i sought suggestion whether i should given any letter in writing with all details to police regarding the threats they are giving to name me .

rajib (Querist)

Discussing with your Local Advocate in detail would fetch the remedy for you.

No one want to face such situation, yet it is fact of life to face.

Either satisfy / fulfill the requirement of your mother and sister or forget them and wait.

×

Indian Evidence Act     |    x