Tranferr of ownership of house in municipal corporation

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
28 September 2020

How to transfer house under municipal corporation as my mother was dead in2000 and father was died in2012 as property is under my mother name how to transfer it in my name

Isaac GabrielOnline (Expert)
28 September 2020

Perhaps you have been remitting housetax all these years.If you are the only legal heir, get a legal heir certifocate fro tasildar and apply for name trasfer to the local body.

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
28 September 2020

Are there any other legal heirs to your parents? And how did the house acquired by your father/mother?

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
29 September 2020

There are various legal issues involved in your question.
Consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of fact, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

Shilesh PatelOnline (Expert)
29 September 2020

the legal hair can now transfer the property i.e, the next generation of your father.

A. A. JOSEOnline (Expert)
29 September 2020

Are you the sole legal heir (either living or dead) of your parents?

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)
29 September 2020


You have to get legal heirship certificate from court of your mother and father. Thereafter property can be transferred in legal heir's name.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
29 September 2020

Take legal heirship certificate of your parents. In some state it is issued by Tehsildar / executive magistrate. Apply to Municipality enclosing this certificate.

Mostly the Municipality have their procedure / formalities for such change, should also contact them and proceed accordingly.

P. Venu Online (Expert)
29 September 2020

There is no question of 'transfer of ownership'; with the death of the parents, all their properties (that are intestate) are jointly vested with legal heirs. All that is required is to get the mutation carried out. Every State has its own procedure. Ascertain the same and initiate the necessarily steps.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
30 September 2020

You may get the assistance / guidance of some person giving assistance in such procedure for his charges.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



IPC Grand Course     |    x